• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Game of Thrones

155 posts in this topic

That last episode left me speechless. I was shocked!

I knew it was coming but just couldn't turn away from the screen...

A couple interesting points though...slight book spoilers coming up...

Robb never brought his wife to the wedding and she is still alive in the books. Catelyn kills one of Frey's grandsons after Robb dies, not Frey's 8th wife. And one part I really wanted to see, if I remember correctly, Roose Bolton presents Catelyn with a present at the weddings, a piece of skin from Theon Greyjoys pinky.

Robb never brought his wife to the wedding and she is still alive in the books. Catelyn kills one of Frey's grandsons after Robb dies, not Frey's 8th wife. And one part I really wanted to see, if I remember correctly, Roose Bolton presents Catelyn with a present at the weddings, a piece of skin from Theon Greyjoys pinky.

bolton's son is the one that torturing theon right? This show how powerful and masterfully manipulated by Tywin.

Winter is coming!

This show is a mashup off everything (almost) I like.

Lovely ladies, zombies, D&D, mo' draama.

What's not to love?

+1 LOVE the books

Last night's episode caught everyone off guard that hadn't read the books. It was even more graphic then the book betrayal. I was even shocked at the level of violence concerning one member of the family.

The books are a good source of information regarding the history of Westeros as well. Anybody who enjoys the HBO show should give them a try.

There are things the show hasn't really hinted at yet that the books do, like the Martells, Tysha, Ashara Dayne, Summerhall, and Jon's parentage. Good stuff.

Really Jon's Parentage is really the only one I am interested in knowing. You can see that the writer is starting to show the strain from the show and the book. Wish he would have finished the book first.

bolton's son is the one that torturing theon right? This show how powerful and masterfully manipulated by Tywin.

Yes, that's him torturing Prince Theon.

They also didn't show a scene where Robb names his heir since he believes his brothers to be dead.

I can't wait to see if that final scene next week involves Beric Dondarrion and Thoros. I hope that's where they're going.

Yes, that's him torturing Prince Theon.

They also didn't show a scene where Robb names his heir since he believes his brothers to be dead.

I can't wait to see if that final scene next week involves Beric Dondarrion and Thoros. I hope that's where they're going.

I thought the change concerning Robb's wife on the TV show was actually better then the book, but I was stunned still to see it. Stabbing her just floored me even though I knew she was dead since she was there.

:o

I have not read the books. I was suspecting a double cross at the wedding...but more in line with the Freys letting the Lanaster army in and double teaming Rob's army, not this totally letting their guard down and letting themselves get slaughtered. I knew when Lord Whatshisface was featured so prominently at the wedding that something was going on.

Double cross or not, I was not expecting both Robb and Kate to be killed.

With that said, his younger brother has developed some nifty super hero tricks. He's practically Charles Xavier now.

My ? Can he do that with Dragons. (shrug)

I thought about too (shrug)

In theory, yes. Should be interesting if he can do it.

So for those who watch the show, but haven't read the books, who are your top three favorite characters so far?

Mine are:

1) John Snow

2) Tyrion Lannister

3) Arya Stark

I like watching scenes with Daenerys, but she's not on my top three. I'm also, starting to like Jamie Lannister, because he's more noble than anyone thinks.

Tyrion

So for those who watch the show, but haven't read the books, who are your top three favorite characters so far?

Mine are:

1) John Snow

2) Tyrion Lannister

3) Arya Stark

I like watching scenes with Daenerys, but she's not on my top three. I'm also, starting to like Jamie Lannister, because he's more noble than anyone thinks.

Tyrion

He is the man; he pretty much steals the show on almost every episode! I loved it when...

He slapped Joffrey around and then took command of the forces to defend King's Landing. That was epic! lol

Mine are:

1) John Snow

2) Tyrion Lannister

3) Arya Stark

Tyrion

He is the man; he pretty much steals the show on almost every episode! I loved it when...

He slapped Joffrey around and then took command of the forces to defend King's Landing. That was epic! lol

"You've slapped your king."............. "And did my hand fall from my arm?"

Best line in the show so far.

Mine are:

1) John Snow

2) Tyrion Lannister

3) Arya Stark

Tyrion

"You've slapped your king."............. "And did my hand fall from my arm?"

Best line in the show so far.

Didn't he do a double slap? "And now I've slapped him again." lol