• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #50

22 posts in this topic

Just picked this up today at a local collectors show that was 98% sports cards but a couple dealers had some comics with them and this little gem was tucked into one of the short boxes and I was able to get for 100 bucks! :whee:

Wanted to get some opinions on it's grade for a possible sub to CGC. Please let me know what you think, Thanks! :foryou:

Front:

50F001.jpg

Back:

50B001.jpg

Hahaha now you made it interesting Oakman. :popcorn:

Not really. He's a serial undergrader :P I'll pay you $5 more for all your "5.0's" than Oak so :baiting:

Looks like tanning will bring that one down. Looks like a solid 8.0 but factoring in the tanning puts it in the 7.0-7.5 range. I'd buy it for $120 (20% profit just like that *snap*)

Not really. He's a serial undergrader :P I'll pay you $5 more for all your "5.0's" than Oak so :baiting:

Looks like tanning will bring that one down. Looks like a solid 8.0 but factoring in the tanning puts it in the 7.0-7.5 range. I'd buy it for $120 (20% profit just like that *snap*)

SNAP! I would rather undergrade than overgrade.So your given grade agree with me or.... lol

SNAP! I would rather undergrade than overgrade.So your given grade agree with me or.... lol

Really just depends if they're being harsh as they've been lately. That's a very pretty book regardless of what we think....great colors on the cover!

In my mind, this is a 7.0. The color of the #50 makes all the little spine stresses stand out that normally wouldn't on other books imho. The pages definitely look more on the cream side, so that could bring the desirability down a bit, but I personally LOVE the look of it!

It's a great looking book that sure beats the pants off of the 4.5 that I have, but I see it as no better than a 5.5. You'd get dinged on 3 of the 4 corners having some sort of creasing/blunting, and what looks to be color loss or a ding of some sort at the top/center of the cover. Looks to be a small tear at the btm/center of the cover. Hard to tell what the pages are like, but the darkening of the cover would certainly bring you down a bit. A great looking book to my eyes, regardless of the grade.

It's a great looking book that sure beats the pants off of the 4.5 that I have, but I see it as no better than a 5.5. You'd get dinged on 3 of the 4 corners having some sort of creasing/blunting, and what looks to be color loss or a ding of some sort at the top/center of the cover. Looks to be a small tear at the btm/center of the cover. Hard to tell what the pages are like, but the darkening of the cover would certainly bring you down a bit. A great looking book to my eyes, regardless of the grade.

(worship)

AND THE TRUTH!!!!....SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!....This post is clear....