• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 4-6, 2013

55 posts in this topic

There will be some good dealers there. I've generally managed to buy books every time I go, including some nice stuff. I wouldn't expect a giant show with dozens of comic dealers, but likely 20-25 comic booths of various sizes with good selections.

Ok cool I was wondering a few things as well:

What time do they open Friday?

Is a 3 day pass worth it?

Is there much to do on Sunday?

How many autographs can you typical pull from an comic artist or writer?

Lastly can you do everything on a full single day?

Ok cool I was wondering a few things as well:

What time do they open Friday?

Is a 3 day pass worth it?

Is there much to do on Sunday?

How many autographs can you typical pull from an comic artist or writer?

Lastly can you do everything on a full single day?

2pm.

Possibly.

Yes.

About 5 per time in line without upsetting the guy in line behind you.

Yes.

Yeah, with a solid Saturday I think you could see all the booths and get many signatures. The only reason one full day wouldn't do it is if you had a few really long lines to stand in for signatures.

They're changing the lines this year so that everyone that has a ticket already gets in first, then they open the box office for on-site ticket sales. Hopefully this will make getting into the show less of a CF than it has been previously.

Just a reminder that DWC will be accepting on site submissions for not only the Dallas show, but if you want books signed during the DWC Legends in the Fall Tour beginning immediately after the Dallas show as well as the New York Comic Con and the Todd McFarlane signing coming up.

Got to the show for a little less than an hour tonight. Not a lot of people on the sales floor despite there being a lot of cars outside. Dealers we talked to seemed a bit disappointed with traffic and sales. Picked up one super cool book that I've wanted for a long time, am looking forward to diving back in first thing tomorrow!

Yeah it seems pretty small but I did pickup x-men 1 and 4 to flip heheh. Oh and I got myself a nice VG X-men 14 for like 40 bucks. Jeez everyone's on the sales floor, while the actors have little lines. Man even Neal Adams didn't pull a crowd. Plus he charges 20 bucks a signature which bums me out as I have a run of x-men that need some sigs.