• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Working the con . . .

5 posts in this topic

So the last con I went to I learned that it's best to hit up the various artists and worry about the back issues later. Personally I think it's really cool to get some original commissioned art.

So here's my question: I haven't heard of ANY of these guys! confused.gif

http://www.bigapplecon.com

Is there anybody on here worth looking out for?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

DAM

Not sure if you are joking here or not Dam as there a couple of huge names in there. grin.gif

Dave Cockrum is pretty famous for his work with Chris Claremont on the X-Men back in the 70's. GS X-Men #1, X-Men #s 94-107 and 145-160 of so. If you haven't checked these books out, do so, they are some of the best X-Men books ever. You can pick up the stuff cheep in the Marvel Essentials X-Men series.

Ayres is a big name too from the Sixties. He was one of the pencilers/inkers for the work of people like Jack Kirby back in Marvel's silver age heyday on books like Journey Into Mystery (Thor). He also drew a lot of the covers back then.

Sadly I mean that post in earnest confused.gif

Unfortunately I only know a handful or so of comic book creators and that would more writers than artists.

Thanks for the two suggestions,

DAM

James Sherman did some decent work for Legion Super-heroes around late 70s. Tony Salmons draws in a heavy inking style. Used to work on Batman/Two face, I think. Bob Smith is a long time Marvel inker.

The most underrated artist on the list is Ray Lago. He does SUPERB watercolor sketches/drawing of Vampi. Line up early for him. shocked.gif