• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Cole (Plasticman) & Eisner (Spirit)- Kings of Godlen Age Artists!

63 posts in this topic

I love Eisner... I picked this up earlier this year...

That comic is an absolute classic. Unfortunately, it therefore commands classic prices so I have to stick with my spirit sections.

It definitely took a chunk out of my wallet...

:luhv:

[font:Times New Roman]Can't resist posting this one again to compliment the new Jack Cole thread...[/font] :whee:

68d94b14-0e39-444a-896a-66a3d36470e0_zps1bd92268.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]This puppy has shown up in a couple of other threads, but Plas is ..f...l...e...x...i...b...l...e... [/font] ... :grin:

Just read a nice little book on Cole's life. Outstanding artist , tragic life. One of the best

I am pretty sure they would have a Cole Awards if he had lived into the year 2000.He died in the 1950s.

I Imagine he would have got a chance at Plastic Man again at DC over the years if he had lived.

btw Plastic Man is one of the few golden age characters that would translate very well in a modern mainstream movie. :cloud9:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Just read a nice little book on Cole's life. Outstanding artist , tragic life. One of the best

I am pretty sure they would have a Cole Awards if he had lived into the year 2000.He died in the 1950s.

I Imagine he would have got a chance at Plastic Man again at DC over the years if he had lived.

btw Plastic Man is one of the few golden age characters that would translate very well in a modern mainstream movie. :cloud9:

Definitely. I can see a Plasticman Pixar movie doing quite well. Funny enough for kids with enough underlying subtext for adults to enjoy also.