• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Source of pencils to ink over

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I am working on my inking techniques and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of quality penciled pages that I can have printed and then ink over. Blue lines are okay (and preferred.) I know this is probably not popular since some people would take advantage of the provided pages and try to sell copies (always a scammer looking to profit from another's hard work.) I wouldn't even mind if it was a partial page or a watermarked page. I just need variation and differentiated styles.

Please PM me if you have any leads. The source material can be from any genre and age. I just need to put some hours on a new brush and technique and don't feel that my own pencils are sufficient.

Thanks

The only ones I recall out in the wild off of the top of my head are the Green Arrow ones on splash although they are not full res... my brother bought one and they are A4 size. Good price too.

e.g.

Paul%20Lee%20Green%20Arrow%2059%20Pg%2016%20Pl%203.jpg

Try to find the ROUGH CUT editions of a few Marvel Comics, which were shot completely from pencils. Some had the lettering, some didn't. You can see some samples here:

http://ferrandelgado.blogspot.com.es/search?q=ROUGH+CUT

Marvel released Rough Cut editions of:

-Thor #1 by Romita Jr.

-Avengers #1 by Pérez.

-Ultimates 2 #1 by Hitch

-An X-Factor issue by Whilce Portacio

-Sentry #1 by Romita Jr.

-FF: The End #1 by Alan Davis.

-Capi Sentinel of Liberty by Ron Garney

Beware because some editions had better reproduction than others.

Another very useful tool is the Batman HUSH unwrapped, with all the arc shot from pencils.

I have all of them, so if you have any doubt, just PM me.