• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any collectors here located in Hong Kong?

3 posts in this topic

Thanks for the reply!

Kind of a shot-in-the-dark, really.

I've been trying to rustle up info on brief Maximum/Awesome Comics artist 'Ching Lau'. He penciled a couple of Battlestar Galactica covers and stories back in the 1990's:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=27108

His credits at the time are so scant, and his footprint since then nonexistent, that it makes me wonder if:

1) He left the Comics industry, and maybe even the artistic industry, altogether (some artists from back then have migrated to animation) or:

2) He's left the country (or, the English-Speaking world, if you like)

I'm just wondering, if he wasn't a US Citizen, perhaps he returned home, which explains my difficulty in finding any info trail.

I don't know much about Asian surnames, but a minimum of research suggests 'Ching Lau' is likely Chinese.

I was just hoping someone in China could cast about a little, in a general Internet-search way, and see if they could get lucky and locate a likely lead.

Thanks for the interest,

Andrew