• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the ONE book you couldn't do without ??

42 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum. I don't really want the book but I'll challenge you! Hell, we live in the same city. BTW, do you ever show up at the pathetic local cons? frown.gif

Thanks for the welcome Greggy... I do go to the local cons as pathetic as they are I'll have to say Leonard has gotten them moving a little better in the past year, do you remember showing up on a rainy sunday a few years back and seeing like six sad dealers tables with a group of unwashed fans mingly slowly around them like zombies... Things have gotten a helluv'a lot better recently but not to the standards that a city like ours deserves. It's such a small collecting community I'm sure we've even gabbed or came to blows over a longbox or two... lol.

Have you ever set up a dealer table here?

I hear that, one thing that chaps my butt is the lack of gradeing knowledge as well, it seems that only Pat at Golden Age is the only guy in twn with even a basic understanding of the term NM or even for that matter VF. I can't count the times I have been told that a comic is NM and I have ran down to a con or store and saw discovered that NM actually meant F+ at best. Sucks to live here as a collector. New York was so much cooler.

Whats your fave store in town, greggy.

Well Golden Age is the only decent store for any decent supply of older back issues. However, I rarely find any DC Bronze high grade which is my collecting specialty. I was able to dump some treasuries to him and get trade for it. Boy, they are too hard to move! The thing with Pat is that depending how busy he is, his grading may be loose due to him not inspecting as carefully as he should be. Doesn't help that he only works 3 days a week due to family committments! mad.giffrown.gif

"Nope, never plan to sell at conventions. Vancouver buyers are so cheap!"

Hey we should have a competition with Toronto buyers! I think we've managed to alienate almost every American dealer (with the exception of Harley Yee, bless 'em).

Maybe there is a hidden dealers' discount included implicitly in the price. Since he travels so extensively, he may be able to get the big bucks from the other foreigners! laugh.gif