• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halle Berry’s New Look as Storm in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’

47 posts in this topic

For cripes sake, grab a couple BWS renditions of Storm and model it after those.

My favorite BWS X-Men cover.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_198.jpg

I cannot properly express my hatred of BWS. :sick:

Really? I always enjoyed his work.

I liked him when he started working for Valiant.

Until then his work looked like a complete ripoff of Kirby, and I can't stand Kirby.

His Valiant art seemed to become more of his own style.

When BWS started working for Marvel he was schooled in the Kirby 'House Style', because thats what Marvel made all of the artists do. Once he started on Conan (1970) he quickly achieved his own look....

barry-smith-conan-portfolio-cover.jpg

conan-bws-ctbks231.jpg

BarrySmith_Conan_SkeletonWarriors_100.jpg

RoyThomasAndBarryWindsorSmithsRedNails565.png

Just a minor correction. BWS worshipped Kirby and got his first assignment on the strength of how well he aped Kirby's style. Marvel didn't have to force BWS to do anything when it came to house style.

For cripes sake, grab a couple BWS renditions of Storm and model it after those.

I cannot properly express my hatred of BWS. :sick:

Really? I always enjoyed his work.

I liked him when he started working for Valiant.

Until then his work looked like a complete ripoff of Kirby, and I can't stand Kirby.

His Valiant art seemed to become more of his own style.

When BWS started working for Marvel he was schooled in the Kirby 'House Style', because thats what Marvel made all of the artists do. Once he started on Conan (1970) he quickly achieved his own look....

barry-smith-conan-portfolio-cover.jpg

conan-bws-ctbks231.jpg

BarrySmith_Conan_SkeletonWarriors_100.jpg

RoyThomasAndBarryWindsorSmithsRedNails565.png

Just a minor correction. BWS worshipped Kirby and got his first assignment on the strength of how well he aped Kirby's style. Marvel didn't have to force BWS to do anything when it came to house style.

Yes, that's correct.

Barry Smith had already developed a Kirby-influenced style while doing pin-up page artwork in British comic books during the late 60s, such as Fantastic, which reprinted American SA Marvel comics.

I concur. One of my favourite X-Men books. I have a 9.8 copy.