• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DWC LEGENDS TOUR IS HERE. STAN LEE, LIEBER, ROMITA, AYERS, ADAMS, SINNOTT & MORE

35 posts in this topic

The Legends submission deadline is a week from today.

This is a great chance to get some awesome combination signatures like Stan Lee/John Romita, Stan Lee/ Ayers, Stan Lee/Joe Sinnott and finally you can't miss Stan Lee/Larry Lieber. Many of you missed the last signing with Larry several years back and asked when it would happen again. Well it took several years but it is FINALLY here. DO NOT MISS THIS CHANCE!

Also don't miss getting books signed by Elliott S! Maggin. As he rarely signs and here he is. I know several board members have been waiting for this. So don't let this slip by,

VERY IMPORTANT PRICE CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

We regret to inform you of the following price change:

Larry Lieber – add $25.00 $40.00 (we were just informed as of June 11th that the pre arranged signing price for Larry Lieber has gone up and that the pre-arranged price of $25.00 will no longer be honored. We deeply apologize for this announcement. Anyone who has already submitted books for Larry Lieber MUST contact DWC immediately to discuss options. This announcement came straight from Mr. Lieber's handler on June 11th)

This prices affects ALL books submitted and not just books as of June 11th. Anyone who has submitted books to DWC for Mr. Lieber MUST contact DWC immediately to discuss options.

I just returned from Los Angeles. Yesterday was a huge success as everything went perfectly as planned. All books submitted for Len Wein, Gerry Conway, Marc Silvestri and Elliot S! Maggin were signed. Now we will be flying to New York on Thursday to begin the East Coast part of the event. We would like to thank everyone who submitted books for the Legends Tour in support of this great event. We have over 1000 books to get signed in the next week. I would like to personally thank Mr. Joel Elad for acting as the CAW yesterday in Los Angeles. Having a true professional like Joel working with you always is a huge benefit. When we walked into the homes of both Len Wein and Gerry Conway, they each saw the number of short boxes Joel and I were carrying in and were shocked at how many we had for each of them. Actually I think Len's first reaction was laughter and he said something like "holy c**p, that is a lot of books, are those all for me??". Len now swears he must have signed every Incredilble Hulk 181 and Giant Size X-Men in existence. lol so again thank you to all of the support you all gave for this event and thank you to Len, Gerry, Marc and Elliot for allowing us to spend time with them in their homes signing books and sharing great stories.

The 2013 Legends Tour has officially concluded. On Friday, June 28, books were signed by Andy Kubert at the Kubert School in New Jersey. It was my first time to visit the school and Andy was extremely gracious with his time. He took a few minutes to give us a quick tour of the school before he signed everything we had for him. Then later that day we had books signed by Rich Buckler and Neal Adams back in New York. On Saturday, June 29, books were signed by Stan Lee and Larry Lieber. Then on Sunday, June 30, we drove out to Ayer's home and spent a couple of hours signing and visiting with Mr. Ayers and his lovely wife. We were offered to stay for brunch but we unfortunately had to keep moving. From there, we drove upstate to visit Joe Sinnott at his home and get a bunch of books signed. As usual Mr. Sinnott is a true delight to hang out with and hear the stories he has to share. As usual Joe was in high spirits and completely engaging. After spending a few hours there we then drove onto see Herb Trimpe. Herb and his lovely wife were just enjoying the beautiful summer day at home. They prepared chips and drinks waiting for us. They are always a complete blast to sit down with and just chat and laugh with. And yes we got a bunch of books signed while there as well. We could have spent the whole evening with the Trimpe's but unfortunately we needed to get back to our hotel to prepare for the final day of the tour. After spending in excess of 12 hours driving and signing we prepared for the final participant of the Legends Tour. On Monday, July 1, we drove out and visited with the Master himself, Mr. John Romita. The look on Mr. Romita's face when we carried in 8 short boxes of books to sign was priceless. When I told him these were all for him to sign, he said "we will be here for the next year signing all of these". We actually spent about 3 1/2 hours signing books. When I handed Mr. Romita his money for signing, he shout out " Mrs. R, lets go shopping for a new car." lol we thanked him and his the lovely Mrs. Romita for their time and we looked forward to seeing him again in October. Mr. Romita then said "What for? Didn't I just sign every book ever printed?" And we all laughed.

Sharon and I then proceeded to spend the next 2 days in New York matching up books to invoices and packing over 1300 books to ship to CGC. After 7 exhausting days in New York, we then flew home for some much needed sleep. Now comes the monster San Diego. Thanks to our crew of people working with us in New York and especially the always hard working CAW, Tonia. Once again thank you to everyone who submitted for the Legends Tour. Look for information on the Legends in the Fall Tour to be announced in late August.