• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers reading suggestions greatly appreciated from past 15 years or so

4 posts in this topic

Did a little research and leaning towards The Last Stand Of The Wreckers. It's suppose to be kind of dark and violent especially compared to all the other stuff.

I've heard a lot of the other stuff it is just kind of eh story wise but I think some of the art is amazing.

Hoping to get a trade or 2 soon or maybe cherry pick some of the spotlight issues.

A lot of the TF stuff is hit or miss. I really liked the G1 series that Dreamwave put out around 2004-ish. I don't know how long you've been reading/collecting, but Dreamwave was a company that died out around 2007 or so if you didn't know that already. The art was great in those I remember.

Some of the Spotlight issues are pretty cool as was a mini called Evolutions:Hearts of Steel. I also started reading the latest 2 offering from IDW and they were ehhh. Regeneration 1 is another IDW new series that kind of revisits the old Marvel series. I have yet to read the first four issue I have. There is definitely plenty of material to choose from in all the collected editions out there.

I've been reading and collecting on and off since the late 80's early 90's. I know a little about the Marvel, Dreamwave and IDW stuff the trouble is there is so much of it and I hear the quality is all over the place. It's tough narrowing it down. I'll probably try a little of the Dreamwave and a little of the IDW. A couple of the spotlight issue sound good like the Kup, Shockwave, Soundwave, and Mirage ones. I'll have to look up Evolutions.

IDW stuff is your best bet DW had great art & cool stories but was run sadly by a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person ... IDW again has good stuff but I will agree it is hit or miss some you will enjoy some you will not however they good thing is you can get pretty mucha ll of it collected into trades or hardcovers for easy reading ...

honestly I wouldn't bother with the DW stuff it will just leave you hanging & wanting more ... which .... clearly ... you will not get ...

Oh I suggest to you autocracy idw