• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fazybones update thread

74 posts in this topic

Although it isn't funny, I like to think that Fay is playing the part of Millie Marie and is trying to make her escape from a WW II prison camp.

:wishluck: Hoping for a fast and full recovery!

Been off the board for the past month or so, and was shocked and saddened to hear about Fay. Don't know what to say... She has been such a great contributor here. Im stunned.

Andy, thanks for the updates. I'll be thinking about her and Craig for sure...

Shep

I hadn't posted anything lately as I was starting to question if I should post his emails to me.

Well, this is the latest from June 9:

Hi Andy,I am sorry I have not written you sooner but there was not much to tell.

Fay is finally at Eagle Ridge which is a Brain Hospital ,she has therapy 3 times a day but it is really slow going.She still thinks she has to go to work and she went through this being mad at everyone phase as she did not want to hear that she was not in the US or on the Island and hates hearing she has had brain surgery.They tell me she will never work again and may not be able to come home and I thought they are judging these findings way to early.She has only been there for a week and a few days.

I miss my Fay so much .I want to bring in Wally our cat and everyone is saying no except the staff .There is a big family meeting tomorrow at 2 PM and I am sure I will hear things that they will be doing for her.

Just thought I would let you know Andy :-(

Take Care for now!

Sincerely,

Craig

That is a tough diagnosis. :(

That said, there are plenty of examples of patients who were told "you'll never do xx again", and they managed to surprise everyone. Holding out hope here that Fay will beat the odds.

Thanks for the update, Andy.

I second Point Five.

If you don’t feel comfortable posting the private emails, Andy, feel free to paraphrase them and tell as much as Craig wishes to share.

Personally I would like to tell him he should not be discouraged at all, and as slow as these things can be, one thing is to say she couldn’t pick up her work again (which may be understandable, given it was a tiresome kind of job) and another is to say she’ll be unable to recover in full to get home. They are being pessimists, which prevents false expectations, but he should not be discouraged, any way.

Please give him an email hug, and if possible keep us periodically updated, so we can pray for her – moral support to Craig which definitely deserves it more than ever! (thumbs u

God bless,

Claudio

I second Point Five.

If you don’t feel comfortable posting the private emails, Andy, feel free to paraphrase them and tell as much as Craig wishes to share.

Personally I would like to tell him he should not be discouraged at all, and as slow as these things can be, one thing is to say she couldn’t pick up her work again (which may be understandable, given it was a tiresome kind of job) and another is to say she’ll be unable to recover in full to get home. They are being pessimists, which prevents false expectations, but he should not be discouraged, any way.

Please give him an email hug, and if possible keep us periodically updated, so we can pray for her – moral support to Craig which definitely deserves it more than ever! (thumbs u

God bless,

Claudio

+1

Your best post of all time.