• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Bullets is Baaaaack

18 posts in this topic

Before you start groaning, it sounds like the original creative team will be helping out.

From iFanboy:

"But the biggest, most buzzable news of the panel is 100 Bullets is back. Before you cry “Before Watchmen” and start ranting all over the web, both Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso are back to tell this story, based on an idea Risso had in the euphoria of Spain winning the World Cup a couple years ago. The comic, published by Vertigo, will center on Brother Lono and is, according to Azzarello, “not what you expect.”"

http://ifanboy.com/articles/c2e2-2013-day-one-young-avengers-8-cover-dc-class-war-100-bullets-is-back/

yep. i picked up the TPB run on eBay over the winter at about $5 per book, figured it was worth a shot seeing as much praise as it got here on the boards.

the dialog of the first arc was difficult to read with all the forced "ghetto slang". The premise of it seems good, but the art doesnt impress me much.

yep. i picked up the TPB run on eBay over the winter at about $5 per book, figured it was worth a shot seeing as much praise as it got here on the boards.

the dialog of the first arc was difficult to read with all the forced "ghetto slang". The premise of it seems good, but the art doesnt impress me much.

:screwy:

:screwy:

I know it's different for everyone, but I really thought it came out swinging from the start. I was hooked from the first trade and haven't looked back.

100 Bullets has to be one one of my favorite series of all-time. It starts off with such a simple premise, but then just keeps building into a larger story. I still marvel about how Azarrello was able to weave everything together given the multitude of characters and intricacies of the plot. I know there were once discussions about a TV series on Showtime. I think it would be incredible to see this series play out on the small screen if done right. If there's anyone out there who hasn't read 100 Bullets yet, I can't recommend it enough.

Anybody pick up Brother Lono #1? I bought a copy but won't get to read it until later.

As for the discussion above, I too didn't care for the first TPB but am glad I stuck with it. The story didn't really pick up for me until the second or third book, but then I was hooked.

Love 100 Bullets - have a 9.8 blue for sale at this very moment - top,top book.

I'm glad the 'new' books are just as gritty.