• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Subject is Mods & Moderation on the CGC Boards

451 posts in this topic

Oh what the heck, sufunk too.

Free the CGC three.

Having said that, I appreciate the idea of moderation. I don't always agree or understand the decisions, but having them is a necessity.

I would buy that t-shirt.

Y'all are overly invested in this mods thing, don't'cha think? hm I believe the finance nerds call it malinvestment.

Austrian style! :lol:

This entire hobby is malinvestment, self aware and deliberate though, so maybe not. hm

We're talking about adults here,

lol lol lol

What are you talkin bout?

OK, guess you got me there.

The board should adopt a user-input sliding scale application, wherein the user group could, once a day, click on a button about the severity of the moderation. I'm thinking a 10-point scale, with 1 being "Stalinesque draconianism" and 10 being "Free love mamby-pambyeverybodygetsatrophyism".

That way, the mods could get a daily handle on which end of the spectrum the board currently believes they operate. Even better, there should be a way to output the votes on a scatterplot type thingy, so we can see just how the bell curve is shaped one way or the other

cgcmod0 is starting to take things a tad too far,he should not be so strict. 2c

I disagree. It's about time some stricter moderation came to this forum. I'm a member of other forums and the CGC forum is by far the most immature of them all. Sometimes it's fun to watch the madness and the majoirty of the time it's old and bothersome to see the fighting, arguments and attacks.

I was guilty of getting a strike recently from cgcmod0 and I don't blame them at all. I deserved it and took it like a man. Unlike some who continue to post on here when they shouldn't, create shill accounts to mess with the boards, etc.

If this forum was moderated like some of the others....you'd be in for a rude awakening.

Yup, you are right, you had one person (Sufunk) who got a strike and went back and did the same thing. Another person (COI), who decided to make a point, and a third, (Park), who kind of double dogged dared them.

MUCH too strict, lol. As a matter of fact, there should be a policy, no strikes until you TRIPLE Dog Dare :tonofbricks:

Yup, you are right, you had one person (Sufunk) who got a strike and went back and did the same thing. Another person (COI), who decided to make a point, and a third, (Park), who kind of double dogged dared them.

MUCH too strict, lol. As a matter of fact, there should be a policy, no strikes until you TRIPLE Dog Dare :tonofbricks:

lol

I disagree. It's about time some stricter moderation came to this forum. I'm a member of other forums and the CGC forum is by far the most immature of them all. Sometimes it's fun to watch the madness and the majoirty of the time it's old and bothersome to see the fighting, arguments and attacks.

I was guilty of getting a strike recently from cgcmod0 and I don't blame them at all. I deserved it and took it like a man. Unlike some who continue to post on here when they shouldn't, create shill accounts to mess with the boards, etc.

If this forum was moderated like some of the others....you'd be in for a rude awakening.

This place is what it is today because Arch let comic collectors be comic collectors. :sumo: