• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Subject is Mods & Moderation on the CGC Boards

451 posts in this topic

Both comments stress "primarily when used when insulting other members".

Primarily, but not restricted to, as you point out the loophole. I agree the moderation was late in being enforced, and some consistency in the moderation would be welcomed. Apparently it's a lot like CGC grading, sometimes the leash is a little shorter than other times. :insane:

I got wrist slapped for letting the filter spoon stuff out. But you could clearly tell what I was saying. I think Greenham button humped me on that one. Dirty rat. I should have started a half dozen threads.

Get to it, butthurt has no expiration date.

As demonstrated by the current overflow of butthurt threads in CG.

:facepalm:

Both comments stress "primarily when used when insulting other members".

Primarily, but not restricted to, as you point out the loophole. I agree the moderation was late in being enforced, and some consistency in the moderation would be welcomed. Apparently it's a lot like CGC grading, sometimes the leash is a little shorter than other times. :insane:

I got wrist slapped for letting the filter spoon stuff out. But you could clearly tell what I was saying. I think Greenham button humped me on that one. Dirty rat. I should have started a half dozen threads.

Get to it, butthurt has no expiration date.

As demonstrated by the current overflow of butthurt threads in CG.

:facepalm:

You should start a thread about it. hm

I'd describe what the boards are seeing is a reaction to the cries of "INCONSISTENCY!!! UNFAIRNESS!!! J'ACCUSE!@!" we've had here recently insofar as moderation is concerned.

Generally speaking, rules will start to get more tightly enforced in a group like this which is constantly pushing the envelope on what is and what is not acceptable. And there will be people ready to point out the inconsistency inherent in the system and the Mods will really have no choice but to err on the side of overmoderation. Why risk another five threads about how stupid they are for ignoring notifications? Just ban 'em all and let Arch sort 'em out.

Basically it seems to me that the Forum is getting what it was asking for a couple of weeks ago and there might be some collateral damage along the way. But hey, at least no one is saying the bs word with impunity any longer

I'd describe what the boards are seeing is a reaction to the cries of "INCONSISTENCY!!! UNFAIRNESS!!! J'ACCUSE!@!" we've had here recently insofar as moderation is concerned.

Generally speaking, rules will start to get more tightly enforced in a group like this which is constantly pushing the envelope on what is and what is not acceptable. And there will be people ready to point out the inconsistency inherent in the system and the Mods will really have no choice but to err on the side of overmoderation. Why risk another five threads about how stupid they are for ignoring notifications? Just ban 'em all and let Arch sort 'em out.

Basically it seems to me that the Forum is getting what it was asking for a couple of weeks ago and there might be some collateral damage along the way. But hey, at least no one is saying the bs word with impunity any longer

I have begun notifying the mods of well-reasoned and logical posts. This is the first. I believe they will appreciate my thoughtfulness.

I have begun notifying the mods of well-reasoned and logical posts. This is the first. I believe they will appreciate my thoughtfulness.

When I get back from my strike, I will post nothing but thinly-veiled anti-finguh screeds of varying quality but consistent earnestness for at least a month

When I get back from my strike, I will post nothing but thinly-veiled anti-finguh screeds of varying quality but consistent earnestness for at least a month

All caps? :wishluck:

Can you add to that, the totally illogical posts where people deliberately mask because their friends got in trouble?

I can understand posting a rational statement about why you think it was wrong, but yelling, "HEY MODS, COME GET ME TOO" reminds me of those old war movies I never liked where the hero's buddies ran out and got shot.

Of course they were actors, so they weren't really getting shot and a week off the boards is not the electric chair, but still;) :facepalm:

Can you add to that, the totally illogical posts where people deliberately mask because their friends got in trouble?

I can understand posting a rational statement about why you think it was wrong, but yelling, "HEY MODS, COME GET ME TOO" reminds me of those old war movies I never liked where the hero's buddies ran out and got shot.

Of course they were actors, so they weren't really getting shot and a week off the boards is not the electric chair, but still;) :facepalm:

I did notify on those guys. Who was I not to get them what they wanted?

+1

Also it seems there are some newer mods looking upon things with fresh eyes free from the desensitizing impact of so much inane morass being ingested, unabated.

Some things that went unchecked and escalated over time incrementally are not tolerated by someone new.

All caps? :wishluck:

hm I can probably swing that; will have to see how it looks in the preview first as I have a reputation to uphold

some newer mods

Well I'll be an over-moderated fool.

Been here since '07 & have never considered such a creature:

The newbish mod.

some newer mods

Well I'll be an over-moderated fool.

Been here since '07 & have never considered such a creature:

The newbish mod.

It's like air-dropping a proper English nanny onto island that was the setting for Lord of the Flies. Stuff's not gonna sit right.