• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery

26 posts in this topic

Surfer,

I agree with you, I'm definitely one who prizes scarcity over grade. Of course, like everyone else, I like my books to look nice, and while I love the idea of having a large collection of NM GA's, it's simply not practical (the books aren't out there) or feasible (too much $$$). I'd rather have one of those books with 20 copies out there in tatty shape than have some silver in 9.6 or 9.8. But then again, I've just never been much of a silver age person to begin with.

Surfer,

Here's that scan of Great Comics #3, as promised! Now, as I'm still new to this, my understanding is that I can't include a scan in the body of my posting unless I've got a website (which I don't). Is that correct? Since I believe it is, I'm posting the scan as an attachment for those who are interested.

IMO, the book presents way better in person than it does in the scan. The scanner seems to highlight all the crinkly wrinklies in the spine. Despite the spine and the bottom chip, the gloss on this sucker is pretty sharp!

All you need to do is click "image" when you are responding to a post and then copy and paste the image to -script prompt box. Let me know if your having trouble because FFB illustrated how to do it just perfectly in an old thread I started called "Grade my TOS#39", circa July 27, 2004. Check the grading section.

Now if I could only figure out how to post a link to that thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif