• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moving with a large......

23 posts in this topic

Well about 7 months ago I had a comic collection spanning the every so valaubable 90's runs

Topping out at around 30,000 (no doubles) and about 130 long boxes all on the basement :(

Well sure enough time to move but thanks to the wifes nagging I sold my collection and decide to downsize and refocus to SA, OA and some keys

I was wondering with some of you fellow collectors that I'm sure have collections that dwarf mine how did you move them all and for me I don't trust a couple of 16 year old dropouts to handle my collection.

I always moved my comics myself - therefore, any damage was totally on me.

I have done this in a U-Haul rental truck, and also just in my car.

My "Dwarfed" collection of 15 longboxes you say? Sort of an arrogant way to start a thread, but I digress. I did it myself. But I also moved everything myself, but I didn't even let friends move my comics.

RIF

My "Dwarfed" collection of 15 longboxes you say? Sort of an arrogant way to start a thread, but I digress. I did it myself. But I also moved everything myself, but I didn't even let friends move my comics.

RIF

RIF?

Reading Is Fundamental. It's an old Saturday morning cartoon thing.

My "Dwarfed" collection of 15 longboxes you say? Sort of an arrogant way to start a thread, but I digress.

I'm with you Chris. Imodium Is clearly arrogant.

Well about 7 months ago I had a comic collection spanning the every so valaubable 90's runs

Topping out at around 30,000 (no doubles) and about 130 long boxes all on the basement :(

Here he brags about his valuable collection without any doubles.

Well sure enough time to move

Now he's bragging about how he's a man of the world who regularly moves to various locales.

but thanks to the wifes nagging I sold my collection and decide to downsize and refocus to SA, OA and some keys

And finally he throws it in our faces that he's a ladies man who can convince a woman to marry him! A woman who cares enough about him to nag too!

:sumo:

I have moved my stuff way too many times. I always move them myself and it truly sucks. Every time I move I say the same thing, "once I get settled in at the new place, I am getting rid of at least 90% of what I have". So far, very little luck in doing it...

I have moved my stuff way too many times. I always move them myself and it truly sucks. Every time I move I say the same thing, "once I get settled in at the new place, I am getting rid of at least 90% of what I have". So far, very little luck in doing it...
lol I'm just never moving again. :whistle:

It really depends on how far you're moving. For a cross country move, 30 long boxes would add hundreds of dollars to the cost if you used a moving company. If you were already planning on renting a large UHaul and moving yourself, then the cost is more in hassle / renting a larger truck / fueling the larger truck.

If you're just moving across town or staying in state, you're way better off spending a day and moving the comics yourself.

EDIT: I wrote this out thinking it was 30 long boxes instead of 130. I simply wouldn't move 130 long boxes. You were smart to sell them off, Imodium.

lol I'm just never moving again. :whistle:

Having just moved my reasonably modest collection of about 10 CGC boxes and maybe 20 more short boxes I'm hoping to never move again. Moving sucks anyway, and having to box up and transport all these very fragile collectibles (not just the comics but the statues and toys that are always super awkward to box) is really stressful. If I'd had 130 longboxes I may have had a nervous breakdown.

RIF

RIF?

RIF_Primary_Vertical.png