• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We collect but what do we HOARD?

118 posts in this topic

As I was looking through my collection this weekend I started to wonder what issues other people hoard? What books do you look for and just plain can't resist even though you have multiple issues of that book already. What is you comic Kryptonite? C'mon and fess up and spill the beans!

Here are mine.....

The first is Amazing Spider-Man #300 but I am fully aware of this one, this is my comic kryptonite and I love this book. I have 4 CGC copies of this book one copy in 9.8 (thank you MCMiles), 2 copies in 9.6, and one in 9.4 and also have 5 copies raw as well.

Next up is Superman #233, no graded copies of this issue but I have to my surprise 7 copies of this book raw. (shrug)

Finally the books I notice this weekend which lead me to the question, Avengers #195 and #196 with Taskmaster. I have 9 copies of #195 and 12 copies of #196 :facepalm:

So many Spider-women :ohnoez:

Any of the 50 with low census numbers (2-3) I buy any high grade books I can find, then normally I find problems with them under further inspection at home :facepalm:

At one point ten years ago I had 15 Iron Man 1s, which is probably the most for a comic I deliberately set out to hoard. This was when I was dealing full time, and collections usually had a VGFN copy (rarely a higher grade) in them.

All gone now, except for a VFN copy for my collection.

There is already a thread about this… ;)

I generally don’t keep more than one copy, but a pair of copies for book I particularly love, yes, when I find a NM copy I keep another one.

Books I am always looking for are Fantastic Four #62-67, some issues of Doctor Strange between #169 and #183, Iron Man #45-46, Hulk #126, Sub-Mariner #22, some Son of Satan books from Marvel Spotlight, some Morbiuses, Black Panthers, etc. :)

X-Force 1s. Haven't got round to throwing them out yet.

I'll give you 2p a copy.

5p for NM copies

10p for Polybagged copies with the Cable or Deadpool trading card

:sumo:

I can't bring my self to dig through piles of boxes of drek, but one day....