• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Question

7 posts in this topic

Ok

First off the keyboard I am using doesn't have a comma button. Its been removed as a joke I guess.

Anyway 10 days ago a lady won 3 items from me. I sent the invoice. She responds she'll have to wait for payday. I figure ok no big deal she seemed genuine and sincere about the whole thing.

My unpaid assistant is set for 3 days. It alerts her and she said she need a few more days to get it paid. So I turned off the unpaid item assisant. I forgot about it and the lady e-mails today and asks if she can only pay for ONE item and cancel the rest.

I got pissed and bluffed her and told her I cancelled all the items. I did send second chance offers to other bidders.(Since canceling the items is not an option)

So here is my question:

In her feedback option she is going to see that she can leave me feedback because I turned off UBA. If she leaves me negative feedback can I get it removed?

Technically she never paid for anything. I'm not overly worried about negative feedback. But has anyone gone and done something this dumb? :)

I'll have to probably call eBay on this one....That's what I get for being nice...

Thanks in advance.

Elvis

People don't care that buying something off of eBay is a contract. She won three items and she is contractually obligated to paying for all three.

How you handled it after that is a whole other case, one I am not going to touch.

All I will say is: good luck!

-slym

Incongruity:

"I got pissed and bluffed her and told her I cancelled all the items. "

"That's what I get for being nice..."

As a seller, you should maintain professionalism when dealing with customers at all times, or at least until they have told you to "eff off" more than once.

Sorry for the mess you got yourself into!

-slym

Yep, I never "bluff" something i'm not willing to actually do, and echo what slym said above: Professionalism at all times is paramount for any business, online or otherwise. That being said, her changing her mind about paying for all the items does stink, however. One of the "joys" of EBay.

Once in awhile, just to mess with a couple of people at work, I switch the 'o' and the 'i' keys as well as the 'n' and the 'm' key.

Trust me, that's a good one.