• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 2013 Market Report (brief)

3 posts in this topic

C2E2 2013 Market Report (brief)

All in all, this years show was very good sales wise, much better than the 3 previous years.  Although sales of certified books were relatively slow for me, raw books sold VERY briskly. 

I had a 3/4ths booth operation this year; 17 longboxes of 50% off low-midgrade SA/mid-highgrade BA, 3 longboxes of 25% off highgrade CA/MA, 2 boxes of certified books and 56 linear ft of wall display space. 

I didnt get around the floor much, as i was busy at the booth most of the weekend, so my purchases were few but profitable. I actually purchased/traded more from booth walk-ups than i did from other dealers. Out of 7 deals to walk-up, i completed 4 buys/trades that worked out well for everyone. Now, on to the sales info....

Noteable titles selling quickly from boxstock:

ASM

Uncanny XMen

Marvel Team Up

Thor

Incredible Hulk

Avengers

Detective

Noteable wall books sold, in no particular order:

New Mutants 98 (2), could have sold 2 more

Secret Wars 8 (2), could have sold 2-3 more

Batman Advs 12

Walking Dead 7, 19, 33, 48, argentinian 19

Crow 1

Caliber Presents 1

Saga 1 (7)

Avengers 57

Incredible Hulk 340 (3)

Uncanny X Men 266 (3)

Iron Man 282

Incredible Hulk 271, could have sold 2 more

Dc Super Stars 17 (2)

ASM 252,300, 361

Thor 344

Batman 227

Forever People 1

Cry for Dawn 5 2nd print CGC 9.4

From hell 1 CGC 9.2 SS Moore

ASM 361 CGC 9.6

Walking Dead 27 CGC 9.8

One thing i have noticed over the past year, at least in the Chicagoland area, is that buyers are much more concerned with price point than grade; especially when purchasing raw SA/BA keys.  I have had great success selling low-mid grade SA/BA keys, as most are still relatively affordable for the avg buyer. Some people still just "want to own a copy";  grade taking a backseat to price. 

A quick shout out and thanks to old homies and new, a HUGE  part of why im still "in the game"...

Big Al

KVargas

October

Razor

Harmon

JJ

Pirate

Mike B

Logan510 and Em ;-)

MSchmidt

Ryan M

Dre