• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHELTERED from Image

643 posts in this topic

I read issue 2 now and it still leaves alot to be uncovered.

Its a very disturbing theme, but boardies here really like that stuff so I am sure I will be in the minority on this one. I am still in for the next issue and they have me curious to say the least.

I think though they set up the main hero/villain concept to fast. By the end of issue 2 at least right now you know who wants who dead. I thought they should have dragged out the disclosure longer at least.

The book almost gives me a cultest feel after issue 2. Will see if they continue down that path or not.

I like the series. Issue number 1 came in a little under what i expected at 21055 copies. Good start anyway.

Much less than I thought.

I went back and looked at our predictions from last month and the majority of us predicted 20-25000 but the prdictions ranged from around 18000 up to 40000. I predicted 22000 before reading the book. After reading a couple of issues, 22000 seems low to me. I think thats a good sign :grin:

I think the series stinks to be honest.

I'm not quite there, but I liked #2 less than #1. For whatever reason the concept is interesting to me but this issue doesn't feel like it delivered on the promise of that concept. It may be the art, which is fairly pedestrian. I'll give #3 a read, but if I'm still not sold that will probably be it for me.

I really enjoy this book and like how Lucas "owns" it. It was fun speaking to Ed & Johnnie last month while in Vegas as they spoke of possible future story lines with me.

Here are my two latest additions to my CGC arsenal of graded SS books.

Regular #1 Version CGC 9.8 Dual Auto with Lucas Head Sketch/Remark by Johnnie

20130809_184305_zps75daf605.jpg

Maximum Comics Store Variant (1k) Dual Auto with Lucas Head Sketch/Remark by Johnnie

20130809_184241_zps99b7422d.jpg

Thanks for the look!

R_H

sheltered

#1 21,055

#2 9,836

Big drop off here. I think its the art thats hurting the book as the story itself IMO is pretty darn good so far

funny - those numbers really show on the shelves too, at least in my area. I always see a bunch of #1's and one or two #2's.

The story is just starting to blossom so I don't think you can poop on this book just yet. I like the art..but it can't really shine yet since there has been so little action.

2c

sheltered

#1 21,055

#2 9,836

Big drop off here. I think its the art thats hurting the book as the story itself IMO is pretty darn good so far

funny - those numbers really show on the shelves too, at least in my area. I always see a bunch of #1's and one or two #2's.

The story is just starting to blossom so I don't think you can poop on this book just yet. I like the art..but it can't really shine yet since there has been so little action.

2c

For sure not pooping on the book, I am all in!

Just saying I have heard a ton of complaints about the art

sheltered

#1 21,055

#2 9,836

2c

I saw the same thing happen with Lazarus. People have to order number 2 before having an opportunity to read number 1. It is either dealers or speculators or both ordering heavy on issue number 1 and not taking a chance on number 2. This has always been the case to a some degree but the 50% drop or more is new to me.

sheltered

#1 21,055

#2 9,836

2c

Finally got to read #3; I'm still enjoying the story, but add me to the list of folks who doesn't care for the art.