• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics America...Stay Away???

106 posts in this topic

I know I saw something about the online store Comics America somewhere, but can't find it. They have one book I really want to buy but I'm wary because I think I heard some about them. It is only a $3.99 book, so should I just go for it or what???

The absolute worst.

First order: Bought 4 copies of Panzerfaust 2. All were VFs with insane spine creases. Got store credit equivalent to 1/4 of the total value spent on the purchase, including shipping, after complaining.

Second order: Had order delivered to someone else while I received that person's order. E-mailed to complain and got a $10 store credit in order to ship the books back to the intended recipient. E-mailed to say store credit would not be acceptable. To be continued...

Verdict: THE ABSOLUTE WORST! Will never again purchase from them.

I would never order from them after reading Ryan's Saga story or the Rachel Rising story. Ridiculous.

What happened? I missed this...

They came back and said their servers were down and the prices were outdated. And if they wanted the item they had to pay this ridiculously high price.

I would never order from them after reading Ryan's Saga story or the Rachel Rising story. Ridiculous.

What happened? I missed this...

They came back and said their servers were down and the prices were outdated. And if they wanted the item they had to pay this ridiculously high price.

Wow that's ridiculous. I've never heard of the place before.

Do not buy from them!

When the mind mgmt movie news came out I went to their website and ordered 20 copies of #1 at cover price. I completed my order and went to sleep. The next day I get an email stating their is a limit of 2 copies. There was not a limit the previous day! Also, by that time they had increased the prices on all of the issues to $25 per. The shipping was expensive since its in Canada. How can you be called comics America and be in Canada? Comics North America maybe, but Canada is not America. The owner tried to call me multiple times to explain things. It was pretty easy to see their business model. They don't charge your card until your order has been "processed" so they are free to set limits and change prices after the fact.

End rantrant

BEST!

THREAD!

EVER!

:whee:

I was over my debacle, then it happened again to someone else. Then others came forward that missed the party last time. Buying from bad sellers validates bad behavior. Nuff said.

R