• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Adventures #1 - Origin of Dr. Droom 1961

35 posts in this topic

Ok, you got me. I guess this will teach me to type an e-mail while on the phone. Yes, Ulti I mean Dr. Doom.... you biatch! 27_laughing.gif

By the way I can lay my hands on issues #1 through #15 in 2.0 to 5.0 in case anyone is interested.

Ok, you got me. I guess this will teach me to type an e-mail while on the phone. Yes, Ulti I mean Dr. Doom.... you biatch! 27_laughing.gif

By the way I can lay my hands on issues #1 through #15 in 2.0 to 5.0 in case anyone is interested.

No, Dr. Droom

585066-guide.jpg

585066-guide.jpg.971dc96fb4bc200b9ed809c3565a62f5.jpg

You did it again!

Dr.Doom doesn't appear till 1962 confused.gif

Overstreet says June 1961 - Origin of Dr. Doom. I'm not interested in quibbling, I just want to know if the book is a key or not. I usually collect later silver and bronze.

Thanks!

It says DR.DROOM!!! 893frustrated.gif

Check DL's post above flamed.gif

Overstreet says June 1961 - Origin of Dr. Doom. I'm not interested in quibbling, I just want to know if the book is a key or not. I usually collect later silver and bronze.

Thanks!

It says DR.DROOM!!! 893frustrated.gif

Check DL's post above flamed.gif

foreheadslap.gif What else do I have to show this guy? Let's see listed overstreet, showed the front cover, and showed the splash page. All Dr. Droom, not Dr. Doom.

Greetings,

Well, it's definitely not Dr. Doom as in Victor Von Doom, but yes the book has significance as an early pre-hero Marvel.

Amazing Adventures begat Amazing Adult Fantasy, which begat Amazing Fantasy #15.

Marvel created this guy Dr. Droom back in 1961.

They then tried to retcon him by saying he was Dr. Druid in the current continuity. They are two different people though. In no way related to Dr. Victor Von Doom of Fantastic Four fame.

Overstreet says $218 in VG
If you can get for less than $200 then I would say it was a good deal. The only real key about it is that it is a number one issue from 1961. The content is not special enough to warrant any particular attention.