• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

...by casting a black Human Torch.

Honestly, just let the rights go back to Marvel...PLEASE.

The day after they announce Mark Millar being hired to oversee the Marvel properties at Fox they announce this mess. Ridiculous. He's doing a bang-up job right outta the gate! doh!

The FF is my favorite comic of all time, and they keep screwing it up film-wise.

Mo-rons.

Peace,

Chip

Because the original story still works? I'd much rather have a retelling of FF than see another movie which tries to shovel that idiotic rubbish about a brother, sister, her soon-to-be-boyfriend, and his college roommate being shot into space.

We saw this same veiled racism when they announced Jessica Alba was going to be the Invisible Woman in the previous films... and it only got worse when they dyed her hair blond.

This is a sad, gross conversation to me.

Have you seen The Incredibles?

I have... what's your point?

Wow, is that an act?

So, you have no point? Are you presuming that the mere existence of "The Incredibles" somehow validates a point you have yet to make?

Because The Incredibles was basically a retelling of the FF?

Was it? I don't remember it being set in the Marvel Universe, for starters... hm

Does it just take four people with superpowers to constitute a "retelling" of the FF story for you? If so, you should have no problem with a black Human Torch...

There are none so blind as those who will not see that The Incredibles are not the same as the Fantastic Four.

Fixed. (thumbs u

The day after they announce Mark Millar being hired to oversee the Marvel properties at Fox they announce this mess. Ridiculous. He's doing a bang-up job right outta the gate! doh!

The FF is my favorite comic of all time, and they keep screwing it up film-wise.

Mo-rons.

Peace,

Chip

Because the original story still works? I'd much rather have a retelling of FF than see another movie which tries to shovel that idiotic rubbish about a brother, sister, her soon-to-be-boyfriend, and his college roommate being shot into space.

We saw this same veiled racism when they announced Jessica Alba was going to be the Invisible Woman in the previous films... and it only got worse when they dyed her hair blond.

Wow, is that an act?

So, you have no point? Are you presuming that the mere existence of "The Incredibles" somehow validates a point you have yet to make?

Was it? I don't remember it being set in the Marvel Universe, for starters... hm

Does it just take four people with superpowers to constitute a "retelling" of the FF story for you? If so, you should have no problem with a black Human Torch...

There are none so blind as those who will not see that The Incredibles are not the same as the Fantastic Four.

Fixed. (thumbs u

So you're telling me that the Incredibles is NOT a complete riff on the Fantastic Four?

And I think I posted In before the lock once before in this thread. Do I get double points?

They cancel each other out.

:whistle:

-slym

Everyone stop posting! I'm trying to get in the last three spots. Heck I was trying to dominate them.

And man Lego and that other guy are going at it.

:popcorn:

And I think I posted In before the lock once before in this thread. Do I get double points?

-slym

lol

-slym

Everyone stop posting! I'm trying to get in the last three spots. Heck I was trying to dominate them.

The other guy is not going at it. The other guy is taking the personal attacks in stride.

-slym

The other guy is not going at it. The other guy is taking the personal attacks in stride.

Yea sorry I forgot your name. I was trying to get my post out before the lock and was in a rush. As soon as I hit Submit I remembered your name.

But you are King of these movie argument threads. I had it out with you about the Avengers a few months back. And then again shortly afterwards.

I think you also claimed you liked the Green Lantern films... :baiting:

They should change the Torch's name too.

Johnny is a lame 1950s name.

Yeah, and why do we even need to shoot the now-don't-need-to-be-four-family-&-friends into space? Can't they all me random strangers who get sneezed on by Galactus and his mucous gives these people special abilities?

And why does the Human Torch have to fly? Make him ground-based!

Invisible Woman can turn opaque as well as full transparent!

The Thing isn't super-strong and has to deal with weighing 1000 lbs!

Reed can only scratch everywhere on his back and not be super-stretchy!

Oh wait... because THEN IT ISN'T THE FANTASTIC FOUR ANYMORE, IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT DIFFERENT PEOPLE & SITUATIONS ENTIRELY!

*sigh*

Sorry, Aces, for making it look like I was picking on you. That was not my intent. But to people who say a story about "a brother, sister, her soon-to-be-boyfriend, and his college roommate being shot into space." is idiotic rubbish, I say no - that is the Fantastic Four. Doing it majorly different from that is another movie, not a "retelling."

-slym

Yeah, and why do we even need to shoot the now-don't-need-to-be-four-family-&-friends into space? Can't they all me random strangers who get sneezed on by Galactus and his mucous gives these people special abilities?

Oh wait... because THEN IT ISN'T THE FANTASTIC FOUR ANYMORE, IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT DIFFERENT PEOPLE & SITUATIONS ENTIRELY!

*sigh*

Sorry, Aces, for making it look like I was picking on you. That was not my intent. But to people who say a story about "a brother, sister, her soon-to-be-boyfriend, and his college roommate being shot into space." is idiotic rubbish, I say no - that is the Fantastic Four. Doing it majorly different from that is another movie, not a "retelling."

-slym

I'd take it a step farther, why don't we make Sue a man instead? Then Read and Sueman (What is a man version of Sue) can get married and adopt kids. It will be like Full House only with an extra dad...

*sigh*

I'd take it a step farther, why don't we make Sue a man instead? Then Read and Sueman (What is a man version of Sue) can get married and adopt kids. It will be like Full House only with an extra dad...

You should get a job writing for Hollywood!

:o(worship) :lol:

-slym

-slym

Oh man. The other guy is just having a meltdown, and screaming at the top of his lungs.

Wait. Who are we talking about, as I am not seeing anything leading to "oh boy, here come some locked thread points".

Well, other than the Shatner impersonator.

:baiting:

Mo-rons.

Peace,

Chip

Wow, is that an act?

Fixed. (thumbs u

So you're telling me that the Incredibles is NOT a complete riff on the Fantastic Four?

I've already answered that question. You're the one who brought The Incredibles into this discussion. I'll ask you the same thing I asked you at the start of this conversation:

"What's your point?"

-slym

Yea sorry I forgot your name. I was trying to get my post out before the lock and was in a rush. As soon as I hit Submit I remembered your name.

But you are King of these movie argument threads. I had it out with you about the Avengers a few months back. And then again shortly afterwards.

I think you also claimed you liked the Green Lantern films... :baiting:

I liked a couple of the animated ones :grin:

*sigh*

-slym

Well, at least you agree that "The Incredibles" is not a retelling of their story... ;)