• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ECCC

12 posts in this topic

Slabs are here

Ok, so my books have been her for a week, but I just had time to take them out and get them imaged for my sets and I discovered something wonderful!

Every single slab is broken in the upper right corner!

This has never happened to me before, so what is the right thing to do?

Thanks

Lee K

13542.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Inform CGC and probably the shipping company too. Send them pics if possible.

CGC should have no problem with re-slabbing them for you. They will either go through the shipping company for the insurance or tell you what to do to pack them back up and send them back.

Don't worry, they will work it out, but that's VERY unfortunate! Someone dropped that package HARD for that to happen.

The worst thing is having to wait longer to have them like you should, but if there's one thing CGC does very well, it's fix this sort of problem FAST!

When they made a mistake on one of my issues, they had it fixed and back in my hands in 3 days!!! Now that's fast!

I am assuming that the package showed damage too. I would take pictures of the box that was sent. I agree with Bagofleas with what to do. CGC should be able to rectify it quickly for you....although I still stand by my Iron Man 3 comment.

it certainly is not your fault. I have Never had this happen,,,, karma.........? no.........whoooooo. shipping and insurance paid in full.

what a dragl TIME>>>>>>>>>>

I have Never had this happen...

It Will Work Itself Out......I do feel it

In The End

Nice Green Shoes, by the way and the orange one seems a bit small

That's just it guys, the box showed up unscathed, which is why I didn't notice the book damage for a couple days.

I've received crushed boxes before and checked the intents very carefully, but with the box looking good - although admittedly the packing was below the CGC standard I'm used to, I didn't check my books very well.

Lee K.

Crazy, If the slabs are still in the order they were in when boxed it still looks like the result of a box drop. most damage on the outer slab, with decreasing damage as it went away from the corner that impacted...

maybe the box got damaged/dropped at CGC prior to shipping and they reboxed it without closely checking the slabs for damage?

Not making accusations, just trying to posit a scenario where the box could be undamaged while contents certainly were.

Hey Met - I posted a pic of the SS Green Lantern in my set if you want to see what it looks like with Grell's & O'neil's sigs on it.

Lee K

Hey Met - I posted a pic of the SS Green Lantern in my set if you want to see what it looks like with Grell's & O'neil's sigs on it.

Lee K

Dont you taunt me!

Now excuse me while I go check the mailbox again for my books...

Lee K

Dont you taunt me!

:gossip:

No taunting - just offering to share. Since our collections overlap a wee little bit.

L

Lee K

Dont you taunt me!

No taunting - just offering to share. Since our collections overlap a wee little bit.

L

I know ;)

Im very curious to see how my books came out. Why is it that Denny always signs perpendicular to the book?!?!?! I tried to give him a nice horizontal window for his signatures on two books, we'll see how it turned out ....

Lee K

Dont you taunt me!

L

I know ;)

Im very curious to see how my books came out. Why is it that Denny always signs perpendicular to the book?!?!?! I tried to give him a nice horizontal window for his signatures on two books, we'll see how it turned out ....

The perpendicular thing was odd - although I like it. But I also had him sign my original splash page from Green Lantern Retroactive that I bought from Mike and I noticed that his signature rises a lot from left to right - It may just be the way he signs.

Honestly, I'm happy with all my sigs (although I should have chosen the bronze to have Chaykin sign my Weird War 40 - the black disappears)...

:cloud9: