• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2013/may/24/star-wars-trek-jj-abrams

Let's hope STAR WARS (a franchise that J.J. Abrams was born for from what I can tell with his Trek work) fairs better in the plot whole department.

Also Anyone else looking forward to Mr. Plinkett's review of this in RLM?

lol

Hell yeah,I love his reviews lol

Just saw it yesterday. Very enjoyable. Took the bad taste left by IM 3 out of my mouth. The small twists were entertaining. Did miss the pony-tail on the antagonist. The more I see of Zoe Saldana, the more I see her as Storm. :grin:

Just saw it yesterday. Very enjoyable. Took the bad taste left by IM 3 out of my mouth. The small twists were entertaining. Did miss the pony-tail on the antagonist. The more I see of Zoe Saldana, the more I see her as Storm. :grin:

:applause:

I agree. As do others!

28691L.jpg

I finally get to see it today. Can't wait to secretly love it, then tell y'all it SUCKED!!

Nah just kidding, I hope hope hope I can climb on board the joy train for this one. :wishluck:

If you're a fan of TOS I don't see how you can. I saw the first one and just realized that the reimaging of Star Trek TOS wasn't for me and made me wish they had just made something new.

TOS is my god!! But I dug the 2009 movie a bunch, got it on Blu-Ray, watched it the other day, and still have very little beef with it.

Next Generation is my god. That's the series where Roddenberry freed himself from NBC meddling with his creative decisions to make the series more palatable to a mass audience. TNG is the finest science fiction to ever grace a television screen. :cloud9:

I finally get to see it today. Can't wait to secretly love it, then tell y'all it SUCKED!!

Nah just kidding, I hope hope hope I can climb on board the joy train for this one. :wishluck:

If you're a fan of TOS I don't see how you can. I saw the first one and just realized that the reimaging of Star Trek TOS wasn't for me and made me wish they had just made something new.

TOS is my god!! But I dug the 2009 movie a bunch, got it on Blu-Ray, watched it the other day, and still have very little beef with it.

Next Generation is my god. That's the series where Roddenberry freed himself from NBC meddling with his creative decisions to make the series more palatable to a mass audience. TNG is the finest science fiction to ever grace a television screen. :cloud9:

TNG was great, but I enjoyed Enterprise more. Maybe it was the nuts-n-bolts of it.

Though I love them all.

TNG was great, but I enjoyed Enterprise more. Maybe it was the nuts-n-bolts of it.

I never finished watching that, but it wasn't because I didn't think it was great. I think I liked Enterprise a bit more than the original, but I'd have to see more than just 2/3 of the first season to be sure. It's in my Netflix queue and I bumped it to the top after seeing "Into Darkness", really want to watch that series when I get some time. :headbang:

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. It's a bit of a challenge for me with the reimagining at times as I loved the 1980s films, well at least the even numbers. lol

I think the challenge with the new cast is they don't have the history or relationships as established yet. It may come with time. For me, part of the success of TOS was how the Triumverate interacted. (Kirk, Spock, McCoy). It's not there in the new movies yet.

I think the challenge with the new cast is they don't have the history or relationships as established yet. It may come with time. For me, part of the success of TOS was how the Triumverate interacted. (Kirk, Spock, McCoy). It's not there in the new movies yet.

Yes, I don't buy the bond between Kirk and Spock yet, they've only known each other a short time and been in conflict for most of that time. I do buy the bond between Bones and Kirk since they joined the Academy at the same time, and the bond between Pike and Kirk was believable since Pike thought Kirk's father was admirable and since he inspired Kirk to join the Academy.

The scene where Pike died was quite moving, but the scene between Kirk and Spock towards the end after Kirk fixed the warp drive wasn't believable.

Yeah, I'm not sure why "Enterprise" got such a bad rap. I was definitely sad to see it come to an early end...

I think the way it ended was terrible and soured me on the series

I agree. As do others!

28691L.jpg

Is she taller than Halle Berry?

-slym

I agree. As do others!

28691L.jpg

-slym

5'6" vs. 5'7" so not a tremendous difference. But she sure looks taller because of her build.

I agree. As do others!

28691L.jpg

-slym

5'6" vs. 5'7" so not a tremendous difference. But she sure looks taller because of her build.

Two fantastic casting call candidates lol

I have absolutely enjoyed trying different actors in different roles. Got a few laughs too.

Berry is closer to 5' 4". Zaldana is a bit taller at 5' 6" or 7. Ororo in the comic is around 6 feet. A great Ororo from just a physical perspective would be Aisha Tyler who is 6' tall with a nice figure. :luhv: Aisha even looks in the face like many of the depictions of Ororo in the comics. Here she is towering over the 5' 3" Jennifer Love Hewitt in the first pic, towering over the 5' 6" Rob Scheider in the second, and winning my heart with her T-shirt in the third. :luhv:

57th+Annual+Emmy+Awards+Arrivals+PBzN15nmLnEl.jpgGTA.jpg

aishatylerhalo.jpg

Berry is closer to 5' 4". Zaldana is a bit taller at 5' 6" or 7. Ororo in the comic is around 6 feet. A great Ororo from just a physical perspective would be Aisha Tyler who is 6' tall with a nice figure. :luhv: Aisha even looks in the face like many of the depictions of Ororo in the comics. Here she is towering over the 5' 3" Jennifer Love Hewitt in the first pic, towering over the 5' 6" Rob Scheider in the second, and winning my heart with her T-shirt in the third. :luhv:

aishatylerhalo.jpg

Great choices... :)

How about Paula Patton ? hm

paula_patton_in_mi4-normal54_zps769a468c.jpg

aishatylerhalo.jpg

lol

Then Halle Berry is one of those stars that has a different height listed than reality. I really do think Zaldana is a solid actress, and could make that role work. But I do like your recommendation.

aishatylerhalo.jpg

lol

Then Halle Berry is one of those stars that has a different height listed than reality. I really do think Zaldana is a solid actress, and could make that role work. But I do like your recommendation.

Zaldana is a very solid actress. :grin: