• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

Saw the movie yesterday. I really liked the first one and this one is even better. People will say that many scenes are stolen from a dozen other movies, but whatever, it works and it's fun. My biggest problem with the movie is the finale, which is just too predictable for my taste. It was good and entertaining, but was missing the tension because you knew what would happen.

My Highlight and the heart of the movie: Benedict Cumberbatch. Just like Tom Hiddleston he knows how to play a fantastic bad guy. He is just perfect.

And for the big spoiler

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Does the villain walk into an office and a secretary hands him a duffle bag as she says, "You should use your first name, I like that name..."

I am so not a fan of Star Trek, never was, but at least this movie attracted me as a well done action film and is on my list of movies to sneak in to.

If you are going to sneak in to it then download it or something. Probably less chance of being caught doing something wrong that way.

How come you've already seen it?

Looking forward to it. I was a huge fan of TNG and enjoyed VOY/DS9 back in the day but i lost interest for the most part until the last movie which was amazing. So many people who hate Star Trek told me they were really suprised and loved it. It really shook the negative stigma people used to have about Trek.

I am so not a fan of Star Trek, never was, but at least this movie attracted me as a well done action film and is on my list of movies to sneak in to.

If you are going to sneak in to it then download it or something. Probably less chance of being caught doing something wrong that way.

My record is 5 movies in a day. I do pay for the first one (shrug)

I've never snuck into a movie in my life. No I'm not an angel by any means. Yesterday I was reminded that I HAVE been photographed atop the fountains and statues of the NYC public library dressed as Santa Claus.

Still, I have never snuck into a movie.

Saw the movie yesterday. I really liked the first one and this one is even better. People will say that many scenes are stolen from a dozen other movies, but whatever, it works and it's fun. My biggest problem with the movie is the finale, which is just too predictable for my taste. It was good and entertaining, but was missing the tension because you knew what would happen.

My Highlight and the heart of the movie: Benedict Cumberbatch. Just like Tom Hiddleston he knows how to play a fantastic bad guy. He is just perfect.

And for the big spoiler

:whee:

Thanks Black Lantern for your review. I am so excited to see this movie!!! This and Man of Steel are my must sees of this summer. Saw Iron Man 3 on Monday it was better than IM 2 but still a far cry from being a great movie. O well. Ive got my phasers set to stun(ned) for this movie :)

I've never snuck into a movie in my life. No I'm not an angel by any means. Yesterday I was reminded that I HAVE been photographed atop the fountains and statues of the NYC public library dressed as Santa Claus.

Tell me you never snuck candy in

And for the big spoiler

That really a spoiler? It was the rumor all along, and Imdb no longer even lists the character that Cumberbatch is playing as "rumored" like they used to.

And for the big spoiler

That really a spoiler? It was the rumor all along, and Imdb no longer even lists the character that Cumberbatch is playing as "rumored" like they used to.

Yes it is a spoiler bcause it was never confirmed. And IMDB, you know you can't go there if you want to stay spoiler free... Of course they know who he is playing after the worldwide press screenings.

Tell me you never snuck candy in

\

Never snuck candy in, but did sneak alcohol.