• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Adventures/Fantasy #2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 11, TTA #33, Kirby DC Thor Prototypes

31 posts in this topic

Consolidating another pre-hero listing I had into this one...

In addition to the pre-hero runs I listed, I am parting with a few other pre-hero related books individually including some rare DC pre-hero books tying to the Thor's origin in JIM #83.

The first is Good + copy of Tales of the Unexpected #16. This featured Kirby's first incarnation of Thor and Loki. I have provided a scan of the interior so you can see the similarities/differences. This book was published with an August 1957 cover date - preceding JIM #83 by a few years. Asking Price $45.

TOU16_Front_zps86c5e0ab.jpg

TOU16_Back_zpsb8e50265.jpg

TOU16_Thor_zps019f7e5c.jpg

Next is House of Mystery #85 (April 1959), an early Stone Men Prototype. This one is in Good condition with 2.5" spine splits at the top and the bottom. Asking Price $25

HOM85_Front_zps7e263414.jpg

HOM85_Back_zps6ba4be98.jpg

Next is Tales to Astonish #33. Nice looking aside from a tear in the bottom left corner of the front cover. I'd grade it as a VG. Asking Price $48.

TT33_Front_zpsb8859bec.jpg

TT33_Back_zps8fc88540.jpg

Tales to Astonish #35 - Technically, this is the first hero of the run with the first Ant Man in costume, but it has some pre-hero stories as well. I'd call this a VG/VG+. Asking price is $400. [sOLD]

TTA35_Front_zps11902dfa.jpg

TTA35_Back_zpsdb05a4ef.jpg

Shipping in the US is $7 (without insurance). International shipping is determined by the country to which it will be shipped. Check or money order is preferred, but PayPal would be considered.

Tales to Astonish #35 - Technically, this is the first hero of the run with the first Ant Man in costume, but it has some pre-hero stories as well. I'd call this a VG/VG+. Asking price is $400.

TTA35_Front_zps11902dfa.jpg

TTA35_Back_zpsdb05a4ef.jpg

Shipping in the US is $7 (without insurance). International shipping is determined by the country to which it will be shipped. Check or money order is preferred, but PayPal would be considered. :takeit:

The Amazing Adventures #6 is now gone. To make it easier to find what's still left on this thread, here's a consolidated list.

Amazing Adventures/Amazing Adult Fantasy

2 - VG- (1" spine split) - $73 $65

3 - G/VG (corner chip and pulled top staple) - $59 $55

4 - G (Back corner piece missing) - $39 $35

5 - VG (Left corner chip) - $78 $70

8 - VG+ - $86 $80

11 - VG- (Top staple pulled) - $60 $55

Tales of the Unexpected #16 (1st Kirby Thor) Good+ - $45 SOLD

House of Mystery #85 (Kirby Stone Men Prototype) Good - $25 $22

Tales to Astonish #33 VG - $48 SOLD