• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD: Whatya getting?

81 posts in this topic

From DCBS, I picked up Walking Dead, the two Valiant specials, and 2 others I can't remember since they limit to 5 per customer.

From my LCS where I hold a pull-list, would like to get some things for my girlfriend, since there isn't much else I'm looking to get and don't really need dupes of the above...

Best part about it is seeing so many people in the shop, even if they won't remain long-term customers. Nice sign of what things could be if comics keep going more mainstream...

Is the FCBD The Walking Dead book new info/story or something else (like the 'specials' that came out - Gov & Michonne)?

I believe the issue reprints some stories, but there is also one new story that Kirkman says will not be reprinted. I've asked my LCS to put one aside for me as I can't make it to the store on Saturday.

I'll also look through whatever is left when I go to LCS on Wednesday and grab what I want. The owner doesn't place restrictions or limits to long time customers.

I drove past my LCS at about 11am this morning and there was a lineup winding down the street about 600 people long.

Unfortunately, my lining up days are behind me, so I went back home empty handed.

Great news for my LCS though! Hoping they made a heap of new comic book fans today.

Yeah my lcs is going to sale all back issues for $1 all day long, so im hitting up the wd box as well as the new 52 boxes, but if any one know where i can order a oni strangers fcbd i would greatly appreciate it. Happy hunting my friends.

Hastings let me have 10 books. Picked up WD, Supes, Infinity, Archie Digest, etc...

The one book I really wanted was the one they didn't have. The Rust/Mouse Guard flip book.

Just got back! Very busy at my LCS. Lots of artists setting up to do sketches and other stuff going on.

If you live around Toronto and have the time check them out: www.stadiumcomics.com

Picked up five free books (the max)

Infinity (Marvel)

Walking Dead

Mouse Guard

Atomic Robot

Also spent a good amount of cash on some amazing Door Crashers. This is the only reason I went early:

Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus - $30

X-Statix Ominbus - $30

Wolverine Jason Aaron Omnibus - $30

Couple other good deals that we all 75% off!

Got a lot of reading to do this summer!