• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Factor 24, X-Men 136, X-Men 158, X-Men 244, X-Men Annual 4

11 posts in this topic

Picked this up today at half off shelf value, considering sending it in for grading.

EDIT: Ooooookay, got the work scanner issue all fixed up. On top of that, scanned in all my older books to see if any others apart from XF24 are worth submitting for CGC grading :)

WARNING: Large post! :ohnoez: Other comics are a few posts down into the thread. Thought it better to condense into one thread then make 6 threads xD

In no particular order:

X-FACTOR 24

xfac24-0_zps89bf6db3.jpg

xfac24-1_zps0fad62fc.jpg

Self grading: 8.0-9.0

I would still need to see the edges of the book before determining the grade, no one should assume anything is complete and perfect.

What scanner are you using? Can you change it from "document" to "photograph" or something else? My scanner lets me determine where and what exactly I want to scan, for example, if I just wanted to show someone a price-box, or let's say the title of the book, I can tell my scanner to scan just that area instead of having to scan the whole cover and then crop everything I don't want out - and it's an old Lexmark 3-in-1.

-slym

It's the mega-scanner-printer-copier-wafflemaker we have at work, it's an HP All-In-One auto system. I'll try to get back down there tomorrow and scan it again... but it likes to auto trim the left side and top side of a picture, due to some wonky auto-align system. I need to figure out to turn it off.

It's the mega-scanner-printer-copier-wafflemaker we have at work, it's an HP All-In-One auto system. I'll try to get back down there tomorrow and scan it again... but it likes to auto trim the left side and top side of a picture, due to some wonky auto-align system. I need to figure out to turn it off.

If you place a piece of paper larger than the comic you are scanning behind the book then the paper gets cropped not the book.

If you place a piece of paper larger than the comic you are scanning behind the book then the paper gets cropped not the book.

:idea:

Why didn't I think of that :facepalm:

More comics to grade! :D

X-MEN 136

xm136-0_zps500832f4.jpg

xm136-1_zpscc860006.jpg

Self grading: 7.0-8.0

X-MEN 158

xm158-0_zpsec2f4b0c.jpg

xm158-1_zps4a12c57a.jpg

Self grading: 8.5-9

X-MEN 244

xm244-0_zps275d5490.jpg

xm244-1_zps308ac345.jpg

Self grading: 8.0-9.0

X-MEN ANNUAL 4

xma4-0_zps2012a68a.jpg

xma4-1_zps467d2d11.jpg

Self grading: 5.0-6.5

What you have in each scan is the book in the middle of legal size piece of paper, so you have all outer edges + about an inch in each direction of paper, so all edges you see are actual comic book edges + about an inch of white space with the backing paper.

The scanner autocropped the bottom of the back of 136. It is RIGHT on the line with the cover of 244. Otherwise, all edges of the books are as you see them