• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Baby Comic Books

16 posts in this topic

Hi GA Aficionados,

A friend of mine - also a GA fan - just had a baby. I was thinking of getting him a nice GA book with a baby on the cover. Anything come to mind?

Thank you...

Several early Popeye comics had Swee'pea on the cover, including 1, 6, and 12 and those would make the cut for true GA books, or if you want to go REEEAL early, Feature Book 2 is Popeye and Swee'pea in a very nice closeup. Practically a portrait of the two.

Great suggestions everyone. Showcase 9 would be perfect, but a little out of my price range for a gift ($100ish max). That Star Comics is a beaut. I didn't see an issue #. Anyone know?

I'm finding that comics are awesome gifts; you can find one related to almost any idiosyncratic thing. Case in point, I recently gave a psychologist friend a Psychoanalysis #1. It was a super sweet present for ~$50. Also - and this is non-GA - Amazing Spider-man 185 is perfect for a graduation gift.

Great suggestions everyone. Showcase 9 would be perfect, but a little out of my price range for a gift ($100ish max). That Star Comics is a beaut. I didn't see an issue #. Anyone know?

It’s volume 1, issue 12. I did a search and found where I saw it: from the Star Comics appreciation thread in the Golden Age section, this copy is from board member "nearmint".

I love it… :)

starcomics12.jpg

I think he is willing to sell it, as it’s listed on his site:

http://www.detective27.com/slabbed.htm

but it’s very expensive, ($975) :sorry: so we’ll just have to stare at it… :(

8712556226_79207e14aa_b.jpg

What about a Superbaby Sunday page?

Wayne Boring :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Isn't there a baby on the cover of Action 81 ?

Hi GA Aficionados,

A friend of mine - also a GA fan - just had a baby. I was thinking of getting him a nice GA book with a baby on the cover. Anything come to mind?

Thank you...

By Walt Kelly

f62c4b86e7b1427f30d6227da45c8e4e_zpsa1ddc759.jpg

Hi GA Aficionados,

Thank you...

By Walt Kelly

f62c4b86e7b1427f30d6227da45c8e4e_zpsa1ddc759.jpg

About as perfect as it gets. Nicely done.