• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much would you pay for . . . .

11 posts in this topic

A small collection of FFs from issues #2-50 from a person that has uncovered these (seriously) from their loft, and gone out and bought the OS for guide?

Grade given by a 'local comic shop' 893scratchchin-thumb.gif was VG, given on viewing 3 issues from the collection.

Serious question though, what percentage of guide is normal??

If they were solid VGs, I'd have no problem offering around 40% OS (the lower the grade, the less important the cents/pence thing). I wouldn't offer much more, simply because you can get VG copies of most of that run (especially 35 onwards) for not much more than 50% OS (if that) on ebay.

Still, FFs are definitely less common in the lower grades than Spideys when it comes to those numbers.

In VG or better, 2 - 30 will fare well. I'm sure you could get a decent percentage of guide for 2 - 13 if they are clean with good eye appeal.

Issues over 30 are common and go begging at half guide. I sold VG - FN copies over #30 as I've upgraded over the past few years and they go for peanuts.

sorry.gif

Here in the States dealers will give a/b 20% for the books (at least around here). On eBay they will bring a/b 40% but the seller will have to pay all of the fees. I would offer 30% of guide on the common issues and 50% on the keys (2, 3, 4, 5, 48).

Buying them as a run...30% guide IMO, although I have not had much experience in this. Problem is.....the seller might be greedy. If he is it might take him a few years to sell these. It will come down to whoever offers him the most $.

Recently heard of a widow in New York who is haveing a huge problem selling her husband's collection. Unfortuneatly, she's not all that knowledgeable and is under the opinion most people are just trying to take advantage of her...so about a year later, she's still got all the comics.

Recently heard of a widow in New York who is haveing a huge problem selling her husband's collection. Unfortuneatly, she's not all that knowledgeable and is under the opinion most people are just trying to take advantage of her...so about a year later, she's still got all the comics.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif