• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pics from Backyard Comic Fest

100 posts in this topic

That looks like a good time. I have been thinking of hosting a similar event in my backyard pending completion of a big remodeling project. Busted Flush, SteveRams, Oakman, Scentaur, NearMint you will all be invited. Hopefully this summer up in the Pasadena area. We have a big back yard but I think comic viewing is best done inside with Burgers outside!

Looks like you all had fun! (Of course, exposing a golden-age comic book to sunlight should be a class-A felony...)

Not to mention BBQ sauce.

At least the lawn sprinkler didn't come on. :o

That's not even funny as a joke ! :o

That looks like a good time. I have been thinking of hosting a similar event in my backyard pending completion of a big remodeling project. Busted Flush, SteveRams, Oakman, Scentaur, NearMint you will all be invited. Hopefully this summer up in the Pasadena area. We have a big back yard but I think comic viewing is best done inside with Burgers outside!

:wishluck:

My place was overrun with Philly area geeks yesterday for a backyard BBQ and comic fest. Here's some pics from the festivities.

The Convention Hall

IMG_0851.JPG

THANKS, RedFury for hosting this great event!

It was fantastic to meet and talk with board members and other great collectors.

And the comics! WOW!

Detective 27...

Superman 1...

A one-of-a-kind mock up of a Captain Marvel comic that was used in the Man From Uncle TV show...

Famous Funnies...

Century of Comics...

Gaines file copies...

What a treat to be able to see them all.

Not to mention the outstanding food!

Thanks again for a truly memorable Saturday afternoon!

I had a ton of fun and it was great talking with everyone. I wish I could have stayed later but I had a prior party I needed to get too. Glad I made this one and I hope they continue next year or maybe even next month :-P

James G

I had a ton of fun and it was great talking with everyone. I wish I could have stayed later but I had a prior party I needed to get too. Glad I made this one and I hope they continue next year or maybe even next month :-P

James G

I'm thinking of having the next one in the Fall.

Here are Board Favorites BB Gun (Bruce) and our host Red Fury (Todd)

P1010030-1_zpsf511cccb.jpg

Taking pictures of slabbed books outside was tough. No matter what angle I held the camera, I still got some glare and reflection in the picture. However, squinting my eyes seemed to help.

Here are Board Favorites BB Gun (Bruce) and our host Red Fury (Todd)

P1010030-1_zpsf511cccb.jpg

Taking pictures of slabbed books outside was tough. No matter what angle I held the camera, I still got some glare and reflection in the picture. However, squinting my eyes seemed to help.

lol

I would be honored to attend. :applause: