• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is the Crime dog? Ricky!

84 posts in this topic

Mouse, Wander over to Coinee territory and read for about 5 minutes. Bring toothpicks for your eyelids and some amphetamines unless you want to go right out at the keyboard and whack your noggin on the monitor. Then come back here and tell me how "wonderfully" they all get along over there. It's a friggin' burial ground for collectors who have lost the will to live!

> you can tell by the "rainbow" effect that the scans have

Maybe he is trying to lure the coin investors to believe that

the books have that "rainbow patina" they love? The plot

thickens...

I should expect no more coming from someone who collects Star Wars comics. You've been here.....what?......a whole 3 weeks and now you are the forum guru and know so much about everyone as fact that they have been around comics, this industry, and scams (some for some against) for a VERY long time. Last time I check, 3 weeks wasn't a very long time, so you must just be guessing or going by what's been told to you on the internet (which contains no lies I'm certain). smirk.gif

Perhaps the person bought those very books and is now re-selling them. It's been known to happen before with comics dufas. You don't know for sure what's happening.

And if that cat is supposed to be you, why don't you push youself away from the keyboard and go lay in the corner and take a nap. Pu$$y's aren't supposed to be able to type anyway. And judging from your response......they can't.....at least not intelligently.

Listen you little peromyscus maniculatus, why don't you step out from behind your keyboard and....ahwwww screw it. Wasting my time... Hammer, Greggy, Dungeon, you guys want to take it from here - I've only been here 3 weeks and last time Peromyscus maniculatus checked that was not long.

Mouse,

One of the most valuable services this forum provides is a way to spot and stop scam-artists. Here's how the scammers work: They steal a scan (and often the desription) of a very expensive comic. The source varies -- sometimes it's something on ebay (sullypython just had this happen today), sometimes it's from Heritage or one of the other super-high-grade dealers.

They make up a new ebay ID (note this seller has a '0' behind his name, and sunglasses) then list these books as if they own them. Often, the seller is from another country (I believe this one is in Peru) because that makes it extremely difficult for the buyer to get the law on them.

In the auctions, they'll usually only accept money orders or wire transfers -- never credit cards through Paypal, because credit card companies will track the scammers down.

They list the books at very low opening bids, usually hoping the lure suckers in people who should know better. It almost always does. The bidders lose thousands of dollars, the scammer steals thousands. That is the definition of "not being nice".

The guys here on the forum have taken it upon themselves to do a bit of policing. Because they know the books that out there (from constantly looking at the sites of these big auction houses), they will often recognize a book and know where it came from. Note that hammer knew the bullet-hole book instantly.

Then the guys here who have scam-buster ids on ebay (created solely to protect the comic-buying public from being ripped off) bid on the auctions. It's an altruistic display of fellow-ship with comic-buying colleages -- a dream to keep people from being ripped off.

That's what's going on. It's not about being nice to crooks, it's about stopping them in their tracks. There are enough risks on ebay. These guys are nice enough to eliminate some of the bigger ones.

-- Joanna

Why do I get the impression that Mouse is a wolf in...um...er...well mouse clothing. No one can see a scam this blatent and be like "aww guys your not being nice." My guess is that mouse who just got here is one of these ebay scammers and is spying on us to see how not to get caught. Am I wrong? Probably, but somthings not right with someone who's sig line is about making the perfect mouse .

for real now, a perspective Gman buyer,

Ericc123

McG, you did a fine job of explaining; I merely added some details.

I wasn't trying to dress down Mouse. I know what it's like to be new and I know that I used to worry about the scam-busting before I knew the score. I like to think the best of people, just as Mouse does. But the way to survive is to trust with awareness. Trusting is great, but only if your eyes are open, and you have all the facts. Now Mouse has the facts, so I'm sure he (or she) will understand that everything isn't as it seems on ebay. There are rip-off artists. But happily, there are also ways to spot many of them.

There are also, I must add, many many many honest, good people on ebay. If you want to know where to start, Mouse, you've found it. This forum has a lot of excellent dealers, who will treat you fairly.

-- Joanna

Good catch notch-top. Definetly a scam. No way this gay has these books. Forinstance; All Winners #1 7.0 is owned by someone else. Only one graded that so far. Others among his group of so-call books for sale are like that too.

I like the last bidders name. That may stop these phoney sales.

Mr. Mouse:

Please go here, the Pacific Comic Exchange's website and you can see these books themselves. Somebody lifted the images from PCE and is trying to scam the public. The 6, which I'm sure we all can agree is exceptionally distinguishable by the hole in the cover, is listed on PCE's page thusly:

Item #:19252

ACTION COMICS #6

FN 6.0 PgQ. (3.7) $11,000

Part of what we do on this board is track down and kill scammers and thieves. As Joanna so eloquently put it above, we're the shock troops, keeping the bad guys at bay.

She gets my 5 stars!~

Thanks Joanna for the controlled and concise reply.

Naivety is out there people, perhaps Mouse is just one of those people.

The exact kind of people predators like this Peruvian are after. There have been ALOT of these international scammers as of late. Giving overseas transactions a bad name!

How about the bidders on some of the "scam" auctions listed , many have high feedback. One is even PCE...where the guy stole a few of the scans,

Robert is either tracking this one, or uhh...not really sure what else he would be thinking,

M

Thanks, Notch!

He's probably reported him to ebay. And he might be doing the same thing Rick is doing -- trying to keep real buyers from falling for it. The only one who can report the scammer is the person he stole from, so I'm glad to see PCE is aware of this guy. He should be NARU'd fairly quickly.

-- Joanna

I'm not naive.....but I think you all are too quick to jump all over people without definite proof. Perhaps PCE has sold the books to this bidder and is now wanting one of them back, so is bidding on it themselves. I would think that they would recognize one of their own books and just report it to eBay if that was the case. Not bid on it. mcgowan30 has got to be one of those ignorant/naive people that you were talking about though. It appears he would do anything for a comic, icluding riping off an old man who had a child die just to get at the kids comic collection. People like that make me sick......but I don't want to throw up......looking at vomit would just remind me of mcgowan30 again.

Mouse,

So you believe that this new ebay seller (registered YESTERDAY)... Has $57,000 (estimated) worth of just ACTION books and is offering them on Ebay without a reserve , living in another country taking cash payments only.

You are beyond naive my friend.

And clearly perhaps not who you appear to be. mad.gif

Tell you what , you buy one of those books from him. The 25 9.0. And after you receive it, I will pay you 1.5x what you paid for it, just send it to me via Escrow.

Easy 50 percent for you.. wink.gif

What do you say.

M

See even Notch Top realizes that your not all here is one way or another. I'd take him up on his deal it's easy money. On the other had I suspect that you are a scammer also so I doubt you will. Mouse I've read what you've said about Majour Kahos being a half wit....you are mean...talk about comics HIPOCRIT.

Ericc123

Joanna,

I am not so sure that PCE is bidding because they are aware of it. (Although it could be to get the Ebay user info, ?)

Even so..I would STRONGLY urge the higher feedback buyers to not bid on these obvious fraudulent auctions as they just lend credibility and could force an off Ebay sale.

That's what the crimedogg's accounts as for. Go Ricky!

Just my .02

M