• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 3 - Which should go up?

26 posts in this topic

I think it will be interesting to watch TOS 50 adjust after the film. I recall the scramble for the 1st appearance of Whiplash, but the value was much less than a 1st appearance of Mandarin. I wonder if it will creep downward after IM3 settles in with everyone...

Yes, I think #50 will drop like a rock in value. I kept my #50 in CGC 9.0. I just didn't want to sell it. Oh well.

The producers can always bring Rhody in as IM. if Downeys demands get to be too much. Iron Man kept his identity hidden from his fellow Avengers for decades so the next Avengers could have anyone in the suit and they simply don't unmask.

hm

It makes me grateful that my enjoyment of a Marvel movie isn't connected to the potential profit of flipping movie hyped comic books.

If they can renew RDJ's contract, there will be an Iron Man 4.

The consensus as of right now is that they will NOT Be able to restructure RDJr contract, and this is seen via the Hollywood Trades and blogs, and some of the authors DO have inside information.

Glad to see that many are happy w IM 3, but to say things are "well said" is just an opinion. The FACTS remain as relating to the who what and WHY Marvel buckled is far more concerning than the mere 2 hour entertainment value; the FACT remains that movies have changed forever, and I see Big shot Directors running for cover into Television. There are reasons for that too.

CAL

I don't think any of the big Iron Man books (TOS 39, IM 1) will go up as they have already moved up a lot. I see TOS 50 1st Mandarin dropping because he was a stooge in the movie and not a major villian as we thought. I can see slight price movement on Iron Man Extremis Comics. These are modern comics that are low priced so easy for a price bump. I think people might be interested in the comics for story interest, not speculation. Not much else in my opinion. Buy on the rumor, sell on the news.