• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mysterious Strangers

59 posts in this topic

The first issue was released as part of FCBD 2013.

stranger-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

"The Fate of the World is in Good Hands. Protecting the planet from the strange is what Verity, Michael, and Sandoval do best, and on the island nation of Hidalgo, things have been getting very strange indeed. The president has declared martial law, sending everyone to excavations in the jungle. But the strangest thing of all is the involvement of the mysterious organization O.C.C.U.L.T. What could they want with an island with no strategic value? It’s up to the Strangers to find out!"

What did everyone think?

I have this on order. Is this considered a #1 and won't be reprinted?

This will probably fall into the same slot as the FCBD #1 The Sixth Gun.

Oni will print a regular #1 to ship before (or with) #2. Oni cannot gamble on the hope that every reader they need went out for FCBD and picked this up.

Yeah, it said issue #2 coming in July in the book, so I figured there'd be a regular #1 in June.

I really dug the story and the art. I think this is going to be a pretty solid book.

Also love both covers. I think I may like the yellow one a bit more.

Yeah, Scott Kowalchuk is awesome! He did 'The Intrepids' with Kurtis Wiebe (Peter Panzerfaust). A great little mini-series everyone should go back and read if you like the art + time period. When they announced the 66' Batman book at DC I Immediately thought Scott should be drawing it.

Check out Scott's blog if you like his art! http://scottkowalchuk.blogspot.ca/

Yeah, Scott Kowalchuk is awesome! He did 'The Intrepids' with Kurtis Wiebe (Peter Panzerfaust). A great little mini-series everyone should go back and read if you like the art + time period. When they announced the 66' Batman book at DC I Immediately thought Scott should be drawing it.

Check out Scott's blog if you like his art! http://scottkowalchuk.blogspot.ca/

Trying to get him on the show. I really loved The Intrepids and would love to talk to him about that and The Strangers.

Actually, just got an email back from Scott. It's on!!

Also, does anyone know if this is a different cover, or just a weird scan?

starngers.jpg

Looks like a weird scan. It's the free comic book day version. don't see why they would have a free variant.

Also, does anyone know if this is a different cover, or just a weird scan?

starngers.jpg

Looks like a weird scan. It's the free comic book day version. don't see why they would have a free variant.

This was probably just the original mock up that got posted in an early news release and they later changed it to the yellow one maybe to pop more on the stand.