• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pulp collection for sale! Many Brundage Covers!

16 posts in this topic

Here is round two of the books I am selling for a friend of mine. These are being sold for a good friend of mine who has some hard times fall upon him. He had a stroke over a year ago and is still recovering, but his insurance has all but stopped paying. Between him and his mom, they are having a very difficult time making ends meet. I offered to help sell these for him. Prices were set by him and 100% of the proceeds are going to him. I would like to avoid returns due to the circumstances but will accept them if needed.

Payment by check, money order or paypal + 3%. Shipping 1 to 3 pulps will be $12 via USPS priority mail flat rate with signature confirmation.

I will add prices on each one shortly. Paper quality on these vary, but for the most part they are pretty decent. Please no low ball offers on these. They are being sold for someone in dire straights, and yes I want to get as much as I can for him.

Brundage covers will be priced based on ebay and other auction sales.

$400 SALE PENDING

CCI04042013_0004_zps4a7022bc.jpg

$150

CCI04042013_0010_zps172770c5.jpg

$125

CCI04042013_0009_zps4c66c398.jpg

$150

CCI04042013_0008_zps0207e721.jpg

$200

CCI04042013_0007_zps7885ace6.jpg

$175

CCI04042013_0003_zps7df72d3a.jpg

$475 (a similar copy recently sold for $525 on ebay)

CCI04042013_0002_zps95ebf15e.jpg

$150

CCI04042013_0001_zps5efbdd6a.jpg

$100 Brittle pages

CCI04042013_0000_zpsf9e34a37.jpg

$125

CCI04042013_0006_zps2eeb3d3f.jpg

$350 SALE PENDING

CCI04042013_0005_zps5ff11fe4.jpg

The children of the bat has an orange spine. Other two are deep red. Pages are tan but supple.

:news: sale pending on children of the bat and the incense of abomination

:headbang:

Ankur, sorry if I go a bit off-topic: is there a way to check values of Weird Tales (and other pulps) online, based on condition like we do for comics?

I am not a pulp collector, but love some authors (love that "Children of the Bat" issue, it‘s the only one Weird Tales in my possession… :cloud9: )

Best luck with the sale! (thumbs u

Thanks, but with all the comics I have been buying lately the worst thing would be to start looking for some pulps as well… :D

I was mostly curious, as I have the impression sometimes eBay sellers price them a bit haphazardly, I mean related to grade. Your "Children of the Bat" looks like a great copy (mine is probably worse) but some times you see pretty worn out pulps priced like they were in nice grade… :)

Thanks, but with all the comics I have been buying lately the worst thing would be to start looking for some pulps as well… :D

I was mostly curious, as I have the impression sometimes eBay sellers price them a bit haphazardly, I mean related to grade. Your "Children of the Bat" looks like a great copy (mine is probably worse) but some times you see pretty worn out pulps priced like they were in nice grade… :)

...... I find the auction archives at www.ha.com to be invaluable when pricing or appraising this type of stuff. With Pulps, when ordering through the mail, it's imperitive to deal with a reputable source..... and Ankur certainly qualifies. HP Lovecraft and Howard with a Brundage cover is something I'd LOVE to have someday if I had the funds. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have a series of italian paperbacks which presented a selection of the best Weird Tales stories, most of which were never translated – came out around 1988 – that’s where I got to read some of these and get to better know the authors. Most of them, I still have to read…

$T2eC16hHJIYE9qUcQYMyBQVILviLeQ~~60_12.JPG

The best overall book on pulps that I've seen is from a boardie: Bookery's guide to Pulps & Related Magazines.

I believe the newest update came out last year. Very informative and has pricing too.

The best overall book on pulps that I've seen is from a boardie: Bookery's guide to Pulps & Related Magazines.

I believe the newest update came out last year. Very informative and has pricing too.

+1 This book is awesome. (thumbs u Not the greatest for actual prices (hit or miss), but a vast resource for the world of pulps.

www.bookeryfantasy.com

Sorry for the thread ...best of luck with the sale...again! :)