• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC grading apples

30 posts in this topic

I probably shouldn't say this but..... my wife was an unrestored "A". Now she is a restored full "C". Let me tell ya'. THIS is the kind of restoration that you WANT. Sometimes a little restoration in the right places can ADD to the value, rather than take away from it. Especially when it is professional restoration that is hard to detect. thumbsup2.gif

"......Honey ..... i.....want ..to.wrap you in plastic...no....no..really..it all the rage..." blush.gif

Am I going nuts here?

nope. You are just assimiliating data. The exact same thing happened to me about 1983 or so when I got my first mouse for my computer. I was on the "T" (Boston area public transportation) and overheard a couple of folk talking about a mouse. My first reaction was "whoah! they have a mouse!) until, upon further eavesdropping, I realized they were talking mammal.

Anything new or fairly new that is settling itself in the brain will seek its companion! You are just fine! thumbsup2.gif

I probably shouldn't say this but..... my wife was an unrestored "A". Now she is a restored full "C". Let me tell ya'. THIS is the kind of restoration that you WANT. Sometimes a little restoration in the right places can ADD to the value, rather than take away from it. Especially when it is professional restoration that is hard to detect. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gifYes, but is she trimmed? wink.gif

Nope, no lipo necessary. smile.gif

Sounds like she probably can't be a 10.0, tho', as there might be a little handling damage... devil.gif

My wife? CGC 9.4. Looks great, but not 25 anymore.

But do you want to pay the premium that comes with a modern 9.6-9.8 with "white pages"? And will a modern 9.6-9.8 hold it's value in the long run against a Silver Age 9.4? confused-smiley-013.gif

My wife? CGC 9.4. Looks great, but not 25 anymore.

But do you want to pay the premium that comes with a modern 9.6-9.8 with "white pages"? And will a modern 9.6-9.8 hold it's value in the long run against a Silver Age 9.4? confused-smiley-013.gif

I am not really sure what is going on here but all of it makes me a little uneasy...i think everyone should give up comics for the rest of the day...go on get outside..take a walk...then come back tomorrow and hopefully not be talking about "trimmed" wives, which BTW I dont think that the orginal poster was talking about lipo, they may have been talking about south of the border... devil.gif

I am not really sure what is going on here but all of it makes me a little uneasy...i think everyone should give up comics for the rest of the day...go on get outside..take a walk...then come back tomorrow and hopefully not be talking about "trimmed" wives, which BTW I dont think that the orginal poster was talking about lipo, they may have been talking about south of the border... devil.gif

I completely agree that we should all go out for a little fresh air, but your idea about "trimmed" is not what I meant. Sid got it right...

-Jim

I completely agree that we should all go out for a little fresh air, but your idea about "trimmed" is not what I meant. Sid got it right...

-Jim

Uh-oh... I was on DawgPhan's wavelength... devil.gif

-Jim

Uh-oh... I was on DawgPhan's wavelength... devil.gif

27_laughing.gif so was I. Can't wait to give her a good "clean and press with staples removed"

Maybe this all got off track a little. I'm just gonna go grade some melons that I have in the fridge. Those honeydews I have in there look like possible 9.6s. Later on I'm just gonna sit back, relax and get to grading my silverware. ----Sid