• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10-1= Daredevil

5 posts in this topic

Ground Control to Major Tom

This next one was originally purchased through an online auction. I placed ten bids on ten different comic books and on each of them I maxed out from the beginning. My theory was that if I was meant to win, I would. One of those bids were placed on a universal copy of Daredevil #1. I feared this would be the first book I would lose. By the next day I lost three and the Daredevil #1 was already at my maximum amount. By day six I lost all, but the first appearance of Matt Murdock, but I still had a day to go.

At the end of the auction I watched as the seconds ticked off fearing that I would lose. I think I also feared that I would win. Did I really want a 3.5 copy? Could I settle for something that dreadful? Did it matter? It was too late. I won.

Once this book was in my hands I realized it was a book I was glad to have. It was no where near the pristine copy I wanted to purchase as a teen, but this copy was mine. A few months passed and CGC advertised a Stan Lee signing. After narrowing the list down, my DD#1 was one of four I opted to send. Who knows maybe the book would jump a grade. It didn't. My first appearance of Marvel's blind super hero returned newly encapsulated as a 3.5.

To this day I am happy that I have this book and this is the reason why I have it listed in my nine slot for my top ten. However, I have tried selling it though, so why would this be part of a list of books I'd keep during a purge. The answer is I want a higher grade. It really is that simple. My secondary CGC goal is to have issues one through ten signed by Stan Lee, but even that could fall to the wayside to get a 9.0 or higher of this beautiful first issue.

10. New Mutants #47 9.8

9. Daredevil #1 SS 3.5

8. ...

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

13560.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Despite the grade, it's still a cool book to own, and with Stan's signature no less. Thanks for sharing, and good luck on your hunt for an even higher graded copy.

sig.jpg

Hey it could be worse. My DD #1 is a 2.5 universal. Condition isn't such a big deal on old key stuff to me unless you have endless disposable income. Sure I would prefer NM everythings, but it's not realistic and how many people have a DD #1 at all? It's still a pretty sweet peice of history regardless of some corner number.