• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7th Heaven posted by bagofleas

7 posts in this topic

Scene 7, Getting The Comic You Want, Take 2... click!

Its not often that you get a second chance at those rare moments in life when you wish you had done something differently. Usually, you have to just live with the outcome of the decisions you have made in the past, but not in the case of #7 on my Purge Survival List (PSL)!!!

What is it, you may ask? Well, here it is...

Dazzler #42 9.8

I remember when I first saw this copy show up on Ebay nearly four years ago for $150. I planned on collecting Dazzler, but hadnt started yet so I passed on it even though it was the only 9.8 copy at the time. I figured that by the time I began building a Dazzler set, there would be other copies and I wouldnt have to pay so much for it.

Hitman1099 wound up with it. I knew because I saw it in his registry set later on. Little did I know that it would haunt me seeing it in his collection for some time to come.

A few months later, I started to put together my Dazzler set and began to realize that I had made a huge mistake in passing up on it when I had the chance. I should have gone for it, I thought to myself. About a year after that, it was STILL the only 9.8, but I had managed to gain the number one ranking from Hitman1099 for the Dazzler set, even without it.

Apparently that was the catalyst for him deciding to sell off his Dazzler issues, including his Dazzler #42!! I couldnt believe it! He put it up on Ebay for $125 if I remember correctly, and this time I did NOT hesitate!

As I write this journal right now, it is STILL the OAK it has always been!! The extremely low print run combined with the jet black background on the cover have made this one of the toughest last issues and Copper Age issues to acquire in this grade!

Dont expect me to EVER let this beauty go!

13574.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

Pretty interesting. Beast and O.Z. Chase search for Dazzler and find her at Camp Silence where she and her mother have been held prisoner. Silence uses her squelching powers to control Dazzler and forces her to use her energy to power up her team, New Wave, one member of which is infatuated with Alison.

Alison manages to stop Silence with a sonic scream generated from releasing all the sound she had stored up. And her New Wave fan shoots one of the other New Wave members (Portia) dead when it's discovered she was being possessed and was going to take over her mother.

Her fan decides to take the rap for everything and claim that the girl he shot is really Dazzler since they look so much alike. Dazzler decides to go underground for a while and Beast propositions her to join the new team he has created. X-Factor!...

This Issue fueled the speculation going on at the time, about who the mystery additional member of the new X-Factor series would be. It eventually turned out to be a newly resurrected Jean Grey. Dazzler would never actually join up with the group.