• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does CGC Regard as "First Appearance of Larfleeze?"

28 posts in this topic

I know Larfleeze had an appearance in DC Universe #0 (2008), but if I remember correctly, that was an encyclopedia type entry. So, what is the CGC recognized "1st Appearance of Larfleeze," or is there a "Cameo," followed by a 1st appearance? Or is DC Universe #0 actually recognized as the 1st appearance? What web seaerches say and what CGC designates do not always match, so I thought I would as the forums.

Better yet, is there a CGC data base that enables us to search out such designations?

Thanks for any info you may have!

-Tony

Interesting. So the CGC Registry states there are eleven DC Universe #0 at the 9.8 grade. Yet not one is listed on Ebay for sale.

hm

Just wait until they cancel the TV show. :gossip:

And there are twenty-six CGC 9.8s of Green Lantern (Vol 4) #25, which is the other book listed as his 1st appearance. Yet I can't find a graded example of this yet.

hm

I know - show cancellation.

doh!

I figured it was GL #39 with him on cover.

Depending on what research site you utilize, it is shown as either DC Universe #0 (June, 2008) or Green Lantern Vol 4 #25. But he does appear in the Agent Orange storyline in Green Lantern Vol 4 #39-42.

In what I have been able to read just doing web searches, it was #39 when he began to play a featured role, but evidently he was first introduced within a story context in GL V4 #25, after DCU #0.

Goodness. :juggle:

Too bad the census doesn't include the blue label bullets, as this would be a moot conversation.

If we vote, does CGC change the label to accommodate? :whee:
I don't know that they would consider him an important enough character.

At least not yet. He's getting his own title pretty soon. Maybe then his stock goes up? Regardless, I like him a lot and wanted to get a pretty "first appearance" book, but don't know which to pursue. I have both issues raw, but don't think either of them would pass the 9.8 sniff test.

If we vote, does CGC change the label to accommodate? :whee:

Voting doesn't work. But they will change labels if you provide them with compelling information.

Oh yes, I figured our conversation was just for fun, but I really am interested to know what they regard as "1st Full . . . " and if it appears on a label. It's beginning to sound like it may not in that, alas, he is not important enough to the DCU as yet.

Aw shoot. I think there is a joke here that has left me disappointed in myself for not getting.

(shrug)

lol

Don't worry. Saying 'tree fiddy' is about as hilarious nowadays as saying 'talk to the hand' or 'did I do thaaaaaaaaaat?' in Urkel's voice.

Aw shoot. I think there is a joke here that has left me disappointed in myself for not getting.

(shrug)

lol

Don't worry. Saying 'tree fiddy' is about as hilarious nowadays as saying 'talk to the hand' or 'did I do thaaaaaaaaaat?' in Urkel's voice.

I now feel less bad.