• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 5

89 posts in this topic

I got body-slammed! Gotta go back and re-study these 2...undergraded both by 2 full grades... doh!

This time Andy's :ohnoez: response to my submitted grades was unfortunately more than accurate...

I hear you! I got killed on the Journey Into Mystery. The back cover staining looked too ugly to me to go past 6.0/6.5. I guess it's one of those this-is-foxing-so-it-doesn't-really-count stains?

I got body-slammed! Gotta go back and re-study these 2...undergraded both by 2 full grades... doh!

This time Andy's :ohnoez: response to my submitted grades was unfortunately more than accurate...

I had the opposite problem, :makepoint: over grading them by enough to earn a net ZERO. :flamed:

I hear you! I got killed on the Journey Into Mystery. The back cover staining looked too ugly to me to go past 6.0/6.5. I guess it's one of those this-is-foxing-so-it-doesn't-really-count stains?

+1. The staining was to bad to be above FN. I went 5.5 and 8.0. I thought CGC hammered staining so dropped the book a grade for it.

+1. The staining was to bad to be above FN. I went 5.5 and 8.0. I thought CGC hammered staining so dropped the book a grade for it.

I'm with you more or less - I went 5.5 and 7.5. I think my grading is probably pretty close to Overstreet grading from the late 80s/early 90s, which is when I learned to grade. Apparently there's been some grade inflation since then.

I'm with you more or less - I went 5.5 and 7.5. I think my grading is probably pretty close to Overstreet grading from the late 80s/early 90s, which is when I learned to grade. Apparently there's been some grade inflation since then.

jimbo we had the exact same grades... and I way over penalized those books for their back cover staining/discoloration...

oh well onto the next round!