• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #1 - # 600 My run is done!

112 posts in this topic

Number #2 is up next. This has to be one of the best 4.5's I have ever seen. Book really presents well for this grade and has really good color.

Again, this was Gary's ( Gaz 973 ) book. Trouble was he did not have it at Nick's shop. I had talked to Nick about the book and he said it was a nice looking 4.5 and would stand by it.

He then offered to drive over to Gary's a few day's later, and look the book over personally and get back to me. He did not have to do that but that's the kind of guy he is.

I trust Nick's grading second to no one. So hat's off to Flaming Telepath for going out of his way to seal the deal for me on this book. (thumbs u

fantasticfour2001.jpg

And the finale from C2E2 this year. I was actually in the market more for something in the 3.0 range but all of the books I inspected at the con just did not appeal to me.

I saw one of the worst 3.0's with a mutilated spine and tape that should have been lucky to get a 2.0 but what do I know.

I stopped by Metro's booth to see what they had. Two 4.5's. One raw, and one slabbed. For the price dif between the 3.0's I saw at the con and the slabbed 4.5, I figured it was time to break open the wallet.

I talked for some time with Vinny about the book and finally convinced myself, this was it. Next thing I knew I was packing it in my case. Whew, what a relief. doh!

20130426_135648.jpg

Thanks again to all that helped out with this run. Now to figure out what to finish next. Tales of the Unexpected or Tales to Astonish. It's a tossup.

Actually, I like the covers of just about everything up to issue #100. I'd have to think about which ones are my favorites. I like em all.

I'm an FF guy.

:cloud9:

Congrats!

Which ones do you take out and stare at the most often?

For me it's 1 and 5, as I sometimes can't believe I actually own them.

I used to just stand and stare at #1 up on the wall at shinders in minneapolis as a kid, and dream of what it would be like to have it.

Which ones do you take out and stare at the most often?

As I said earlier, I like all of them up to #100. I am fond of the #12, #14, #15 also.