• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woo-hoo! 4th Grail obtained!

32 posts in this topic

Not as impressive as it sounds. My tos 39 had a torn cover. The AF 15 was cover less and the Star Wars 1 is a low grade copy with restoration.

Still love them all.

Mine was TOS 39 and I got that years ago . Then it was AF 15 and Then it become a copy of Venom 1 Black error . Then got a copy of that , then it was Star Wars 1 35 cent variant . Got that and now it is FF1 . But if someone asked what my grail was , it was TOS 39

Impressive!

Personally don't call them grails since a grail should be something unattainable.

A Holy Grail would be an unattainable goal.

--My Holy Grail of comic collecting is a mint Action #1.

Heritage defines grail as -The object of a prolonged endeavor.

So in that sense you could have many grails but only a single Holy Grail.

Slowly building my "grail collection" (a temporary departure from my filling my "completist" runs)!

- X-Men #1, check.

- Avengers #1, check.

- Avengers #4, check.

And now...JIM #83, CHECK! Super excited, gotta say!

Quite the 3some you got going on there!

An unattainable goal?

OK, so mine would be a Captain America Comics #1 in Near Mint/Mint condition, signed by both Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, by Jack Kirby‘s lieutenant during WW2 (Company F of the 11th Infantry, under general Patton) – which was a Captain America reader, and with White pages.

Not slabbed and nicely priced, please. :D