• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Signature Series books shunned almost as much as PLOD books?

235 posts in this topic

People who like sigs will pay a premium for SS books and sketch covers. People who don't won't touch them. It limits the potential market for selling your slabs, but you will likely get more than GPA for the grade from a SS collector. It is all a matter of personal preference.

I've recently gotten into signature series books. Why? Because I have duplicates of things I can't sell and I don't know what else to do with them.

I have a rule though. I'll never own a signature series book unless I also own a universal copy of the same issue in the same grade or higher.

And I favor signatures on modern books that are common. I'm not a fan of seeing a scarce comic with a signature...or anything older than 1992, really. I personally cringe when I see a key Silver or Bronze Age that has been signed.

Just my two cents. The most important thing to do is...collect what you like.

I am honestly kind of excited to have my first signature books coming back soon. Hopefully it won't become an addiction. I do think it can be really cool to have some modern books signed by the artist in the actual era in which the books are being created. Once again, it's all personal taste. There is a huge market for signature series books...it's kind of a niche and doesn't have the broad appeal of a Universal, IMHO....but it's there.

...and signing the slab instead of the comic? :facepalm:

And I favor signatures on modern books that are common. I'm not a fan of seeing a scarce comic with a signature...or anything older than 1992, really. I personally cringe when I see a key Silver or Bronze Age that has been signed.

I'm not a big fan of signing keys but there are tons of common books from the 70s and 80s that are perfect for sigs.

I also prefer signing on the inside of the comic.

As long as the signature is tasteful I like them, and I'm going to agree with Newshane, I'm not fond of them on GA or SA books.

This is one of my favorites,

large.jpg

what about signing the back cover?

CGC allow this?

Yes, but why wouldn't you want to see the signature on the front cover. (shrug) Why get a Signature if you don't want to see it?

no matter the book. if you want to sell it you can sell any ss book for more then you can sell the same book blue label.

it doesnt matter if it is a golden age,silver age or a book you just bought new off the rack at your lcs. if you get it signed it is worth more then it would be if it wasnt signed.

sign it right on the cover in whatever color ink you have to use to get it to stand out the most. they are absolutely gorgeous.

myself i have only had about ten peds cracked out and signed but any i can get my hands on will be signed with a creator or the cover artist.

what about signing the back cover?

CGC allow this?

Yes, but why wouldn't you want to see the signature on the front cover. (shrug) Why get a Signature if you don't want to see it?

My preference would be to get a sig inside on the first page.

But then you can't see the signature which defeats the purpose of the CGCSS Label.

No, it doesn't. It's still signed. It's still witnessed and legitimized by CGC.

In any event, It's a matter of personal preference

But then you can't see the signature which defeats the purpose of the CGCSS Label.

No, it doesn't. It's still signed. It's still witnessed and legitimized by CGC.

In any event, It's a matter of personal preference

Personally, If I sent a book to an op to get signed and it was signed on the inside and I was not planning to sell it I would be a little disappointed.

Guest Grails

There is no right or wrong way to collect. The perfect book for me is having something near and dear signed by the creator, writer or artist in the best grade available. Doesn't matter if its 9.8 Silver or Gold.

There is no right or wrong way to collect. The perfect book for me is having something near and dear signed by the creator, writer or artist in the best grade available. Doesn't matter if its 9.8 Silver or Gold.

^^