• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Signature Series books shunned almost as much as PLOD books?

235 posts in this topic

A question - for other collectibles, how many get signed on the front face? And let's discount things that don't have "interiors," such as baseballs, footballs, or even jerseys.

Take books for the most likely example: how many books are signed on the front cover? Any? I have always seen books signed on the interior somewhere, usually on the inside front cover or the first few pages (flyleaves,) or on the title page itself.

-slym

Most art is signed on the face of the art. (ie Picasso, Monet, Manet...etc)

True. But normally in the corner or at the bottom or along the side. Not across the artwork.

I don't have a dog in this fight, FYI ("your" meaning everyone here, not just you, MM.) I am just looking for examples. Yours, MM, is a good one!

:)

-slym

I agree a poorly placed signature is a detractor.

A well placed signature can be the cherry on top of a great book (and even a great encounter with a creator!)

People getting books signed should pick books that have good areas for signatures (I had a bear of a time picking the right book for a Denny/Neal Green Lantern double sign (not on a 76))

I love that Steranko probably doesnt even need a window bag to know the best place to sign unlike some others (Im looking at you Stan!) Ethan Van Sciver also seems to put thought to it...

If i was forced to answer under sodium pentathol though, i'd still say they are WAAAAAAAY better than the Mantis issues. I'd rather read a story with Starfox and the female Captain Marvel than Mantis :sick:

photo-88.jpg

If i was forced to answer under sodium pentathol though, i'd still say they are WAAAAAAAY better than the Mantis issues. I'd rather read a story with Starfox and the female Captain Marvel than Mantis :sick:

photo-88.jpg

Is there anything you dont have?!?

Theres a special level of Hell reserved for anyone that doesnt think Mantis is the worst thing in the history of the Marvel Universe! :baiting:

Buy a scanner.

That's a quality pic. I was so excited to get that, I took the pic in the back of my car. It looks so good, I have thought about doing all my photography there.

I have seen "movies" made in the backs of cars, but nothing that could be shown here...

:whistle:

-slym

20130514_180155_zps0a245f03.jpg

I need a scanner too.

If you have to take a picture with a camera, getting it on an angle will diminish/relieve the flash reflection.

;)

And yes, Steranko does great signature work.

:applause:

-slym

Buy a scanner.

That's a quality pic. I was so excited to get that, I took the pic in the back of my car. It looks so good, I have thought about doing all my photography there.

That is quite a bit better than the DNA filled blue chair you usually use. :ohnoez:

Use the scanner at the office and have one of your minions scan things for you. Problem solved.

Buy a scanner.

That is quite a bit better than the DNA filled blue chair you usually use. :ohnoez:

:sick:

1i49b.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Buy a scanner.

That is quite a bit better than the DNA filled blue chair you usually use.

Ewwwwww

i really dont like the cgc SS books.

something about that thick black marker pen on the FC

id rather CGC get the artist /writer to sign the slab , not the book

ppl's thoughts?

I LOOOOVE yellow labels. Basically all I collect in CGC. Everything else usually looks better in Mylar IMHO.

I'll go blue universal for some books. Older or perhaps con variants. But I would prefer yellow where possible