• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a tidbit of information for all eBay sellers

2 posts in this topic

I just had another bad experience with eBay (imagine that :eyeroll: ) and wanted to share it with other eBay sellers.

I've been selling on eBay for over 10 years. Everything I sell on eBay is in my store listed as a Fixed Price item with the Best Offer option. I went on vacation between March 10th and March 17th so I naturally put my eBay store on the vacation setting while I was in Texas, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. I sold 14 items while I was on vacation and shipped ALL of them out on March 18th after my return to Oklahoma.

All was good until I lost my "Top Rated Seller" rating recently because my 1-day upload for shipping turnaround fell below the 90% threshold. And why did that happen? Because eBay included ALL 14 items that sold while I was on vacation as those that didn't meet the 1-day shipping turnaround time. How the hell am I supposed to ship something if I'm on vacation and out of state? After all, I did put my store on vacation setting like I was supposed to. So I lost my Top Rated Seller rating and lost the 20% credit on fees.

I did call eBay twice. The first was about 1-1/2 weeks ago and was told I would hear back within 72 hours. I heard nothing until this morning when I called them back again. I was promised a credit but was told they could do nothing about removing the 14 items that will continue to hurt my 90% rating for at least another month. :facepalm:

After being told that a supervisor would call me back within the hour, about 6 hours later I did receive a call. He then informed me that not only did I have to put my eBay store on the vacation setting, but I also had to click the button that says to HIDE all of my listings until I get back from vacation. Of course, nowhere in there does it say this will affect your Top Rated Seller performance if you don't hide all of your items until you get back. So I guess if you do go on vacation, you can't sell anything until you get back unless you're OK with it hurting your overall selling status. :ohnoez:

And this supervisor had the audacity to tell me that I should have read the terms and conditions thoroughly when I opened my eBay store back in the early 2000s. Had I done that and had a photographic memory, I would have known about this all along. :mad:

You can actually bulk edit all your items to change the 1 day shipping turnaround to 5 days(if that will cover you), the items that you sell during your vacation won't qualify for Top Rated Seller discount but you won't get dinged for late shipping. That way you don't have to hide your items.