• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 7 Results

45 posts in this topic

No way in Hell it's better than a 6.0 with all the defects and all of you that graded it so high are just that. :sumo:

Have to agree with 1Cool tho. Many a time we've seen numerous "whoa!" books that seem to be bumped to the moon. The famous Action #1 2.5 with a chunk gnawed out and a bunch of the recent Sparkle City GAs come to mind; I'm sure there are other examples.

We're not grading the book, we're trying to guess the CGC grade. There's a difference.

Good point Jon. I have been trying to grade the book (even with my limited experience), I must remember that we are not grading and trying to guess the CGC grade.

In fairness, it's not a distinction that matters all the time. Just some of the time, with some flaws. But which ones...? hm(shrug)

I have been trying to grade the book (even with my limited experience), I must remember that we are not grading and trying to guess the CGC grade.

I agree. I look at some of the other books and the defects, the ST 65 stands out for me, seems the 9.0 was generous. Then some of these books in comparison to the Sensation, have similar defects/stains/foxing/dust shadows and the grades just seem all over the place. That top L corner got me. I guess in retrospect, most of my grades have been under, so I've been trying to be less critical. Guess it's a shoot.... or perhaps, I just don't know about grading. Yeah, probably the later. :sorry:

Yikes. :eek: Didn't know the word for poo that rhymes with rap was on the spoon list. Sorry admins. :hi:

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is at 20! If you are below it, you are out of the running for First Place! :eek:

The Mathematically Improbable line is higher at about 26. That assumes the leader sits out the last three rounds and gets zero points while those at the 26 point level get 6 bullseyes in a row. And that's just for a tie! We 26-pointers may as well take our pitiful grading skills and go home! :ohnoez: