• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book are you reading next / finally getting around to / trying on a whim?

69 posts in this topic

Not necessarily thinking entirely moderns, because there's always someone that hasn't gotten around to reading that older book or arc they keep putting off. Not necessarily thinking a top 5 list of everything that is awesome either, I can quite happily read stuff that isn't going to set the world on fire if it was an easy / cheap pickup ... or if it just takes my fancy at the time. Sometimes it's enjoyable reading comics you don't give a hoot about and flinging in the magazine rack and not caring to faff around with bags and boxes (yeah yeah I'm a real anarchist... I know right?).

For me it's going to be The Shadow (Garth - Ennis), I, Vampire... and I am going to stray into manga for a couple of weeks and try and finish Death Note.

There are SO many books I missed over the years because I was a poor teen or too wrapped up into whatever it was at the same.

Books/series I've got on my to read list STILL include:

- Y The Last Man

- Preacher

- 100 Bullets

- Scalped

- Batman: The Long Halloween (yes, I know!)

- Chew

I've got trades of every single one of these on my bookshelf. I really should get started.

My buddy at work just gave me the first 5 TPB of Preacher.......one I always wanted to read but never got around to.

ohhhh niiiiice!

Ya I was pumped lol.......I gave him a run of bedlam and revival to read.

I'm thinking about taking on the massive task of reading the main stream superhero comics(before the reboots). I've read a ton of Vertigo and Image stuff(and then other stuff like Bone and Strangers in Paradise), but I've only ever read like ten full runs with the flagship Marvel/DC characters. For example, I literally just finished reading the Blackest Night/Brightest Day crossovers and recently read All-Star Supes. The amount of Marvel/DC knowledge I'm missing out on is massive.