• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Squared

2 posts in this topic

or I couldn't choose just one

My number four spot was a tie. The two books that fill this spot are my New Mutants #17 and my Daredevil #380, both are a 9.8. The New Mutants was purchased that way as a gift. It was also the first time I told my friend who purchased it for me what I wanted. She tells me I am hard to shop for but I think I am rather easy and this was a perfect choice. It was also one of the last books I needed that was available, and I might be sending it in for a signature. How cool would that be?

The other is My Daredevil #380, also a gift, however this time she bought it for me raw. Why this one, I will never know, maybe because when she entered the comic book shop the proprietor saw an opportunity to get rid of a book. I was happy for it and surprised because she purchased this without me ever saying anything about it, and also a vow that she would never buy me a comic book. Truth be told, I believe in miracles and this was the proof they happen. I sent it in not caring about the grade, and was pleasantly shocked it was returned a 9.8. I know my collection might be a little bit grander if I actually spent my money on more silver age books but these two are that important to me.

So indeed my number four spot is filled with two books once again that mean something to me because of who gave them to me. As far as Surfer 99 stating on an earlier journal of Bagofleas stating that on a tie the picture dictates which book does indeed have the intended slot...have at thee surfer, have at thee.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

http://ashotofcomics.blogspot.com/2013/05/wizard-world-philadelphia-countdown.html

13623.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

(tsk) No fair, you broke the rules.

I love that you're so sentimental about your books and tie them back to cherished memories. I only have one book like that, and I'm fortunate that it also happens to be a valuable kick butt book.

Rank number two...not for much longer! Look out x-files. :)

sig.jpg